Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
57,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Christian Labisch's suggestion in the link that Val posted might work for you.The Mageia installation media worked for me because it contains most of the proprietary drivers.
I will download that right now Ken, tnx for the suggestion.
I am assuming that you mean it will work on the Dell with the GTX Nvidia card?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I will download that right now Ken, tnx for the suggestion.
I am assuming that you mean it will work on the Dell with the GTX Nvidia card?
I can't be sure but it's worth a try. My GTX card is 1050 not 1060 but it worked with Mageia 5 which is as old as the hills.

I'm talking about the 3 plus GB installation media not the live media.

·
Administrator
57,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Christian Labisch's suggestion in the link that Val posted might work for you.The Mageia installation media worked for me because it contains most of the proprietary drivers.
Ken,
Mageia appeared to install properly, right up to "remove install media and reboot".

the exception was it did not find the WiFi card, I had to use a LAN connection to get the install to run.

when it rebooted, all I got was a bunch of errors, a brief GUI screen with a bouncing dot over a wine glass.

that eventually timed out, and it went back to the black screen and displayed a continuous string of errors.....

finally used BIOS timeout to kill it, and booted up Win10 which is where I am right now.

·
Administrator
57,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
the verison I downloaded was 4.2gB

forget the actual version number, but the updates that were downloaded replaced the kernel with a new one, wish I had taken a picture.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts