Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Alan Markley
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hey Scott, it lookslikeI'll be using your tutorialfor fork seals.My guy James, (Behind Bars)clever name, who primarily works on dirt bikes told mehe couldn't do goldwing seals for they require special tool he didn't have. humm? ThoughI didn't read your

tutorial all the way threw, you make it appear not so difficult.

I putabout ten hours in on her today, taking the carbs off. I have about a third of a tank of ten year old fuel and a very rusty tank. it appears as though the ran the carbs dry before storing, or more like parking it, because there was no fuel in the fuel lines to and from the fuel pump and i drained about a teaspoon full from each carb. The throttle shaft was seized up thou.Idid manage tofree it up. But when i drained the oil its viscosity was very thin and pretty sure i detect fuel Oder in it. I plan to pour new oil through until it comes out clean plug and fill.

I don't have an owners manual and was not successfully downloading a service manual from goldwingdocs. If someone would beso kind asto make a recommendationon type and quantity of oil i should use and what filter to use and where to get a filter. I think I say some motorcycle filters at walmat. Then i will use a gas can and some sea form and see if she will fire.

I'm open to suggestions,am i over looking anything?

Al

Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2009 11:32 pm

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

filter is CH 6009 fram works good.
for new tires go to www.americanmototire.com great service
for carb rebuild kit go to www.randakks.com top quality, dont waste ur time with cheapo stuff.
do the timing belts. run the new oil with some seafoam to clean the engine better. and do some search on the site for products to clean ur fuel tank, there is a lot of good info.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

as william86 said timing belts for sure before attempt to run there's a how to in ref. and faq, not a bad job but most important. stator wires at battery and regulator, all rubber, dog bone fuses. of course all fluids, non silicate anti freeze:action::waving:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I'd suggest to make sure the valves are free before turning it over.. 10 years is a long time.. and a slow/stuck valve means a bent valve..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.