Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a restoration project on a 73 CB750 four,the question I have is what should I doto the engineto get it ready for storage,the engine will probably sit for six months while I strip the frame and have it painted.

·
Administrator
27,908 Posts
For 6 months storage I would put some oil in the spark plug holes and crank it over several times, put the plugs back in, seal off every opening and put it away.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I agree with Dave. Even fogging the cylinders with WD40 or pb-blaster is another good thing. WD is a good rust preventative.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Best to put stabilizer in the fuel run it to get it into. Carbs if not running drain carbs of fuel or you may end up with a gummy residue that will plug the jets

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carbs are my biggest concern,I just had them built and synced,engine runs great,its another bike I inheirited when my father passed,he bought it new and the engine only has 5500 miles on it,but it is 33 years old

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
1894770]carbs are my biggest concern,I just had them built and synced,engine runs great,its another bike I inheirited when my father passed,he bought it new and the engine only has 5500 miles on it,but it is 33 years old[/quote]

Back in the day I had a 1974 900 Kawasaki... my buddy had the 750 Honda same bike that you are restoring ..oh how we loved those bikes ..still do .. wish I had kept it ..it must have meant a great deal to your dad and now to you ...good luck on the restore

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Send it to me, I'll keep it "exercised" while you wait on the frame! :cheesygrin:

Great advice above re oil in the bores, drained carbs and plugges openings. Consider joining the forum at www.sohc4.net as those guys and gals are as friendly and helpful as the crew here!!

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Hondadiver,and yes he loved that bike the motor sits on a California hardtail,probably why its low milage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.