Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello anyone, i'm on my 99 goldwing with a failed alternator in merritt B.C. I'm from Fresno ca. on a five thousand mile trip. Does anyone out there have any conections in this region? any help or assistance would be appreciated. My cell number is 559-352-5697 suggestions or assistance. jimmy

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Only help I can give is a friendly bump.

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dave0430. You da man!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Friendly bump. Have you had any luck in finding help?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Tom from s.d. offered a great alternative. I'm going to napa auto in the morning to see if they know an electrical motor repair shop, if i was home I would do it. I'm waiting for a registration reponse from the goldwing help web site.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Glad you got some help.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I wish I was closer to you my friend. You might have to go to Camloops or kelowna for parts. If you were able to limp it here, I have tools but I get the feeling that you were headed away from me here on Vancouver Island.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Camloops, if they do carry any parts will be seen tomprrow. merritt seens pretty far from anything. Yes we got off the ferry this afternoon headed to calgary and shot the alternator 18 km west of Merritt. A great help from a guy named Sean from vancover gave us a lift to merritt.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Another bump.

You might try PMing Rudy. I think GLhelpers is his.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I will go and have a look to see who is in that area ,,BRB ,ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

One of our senior members Dusty boots is in the help guide ,he may be able to help you ,I am sending you his phone numbers to you via PM , so if you check your PmS they will be there , Ciaran

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i think dustey boots is out on run some where. dont rember seeing that he got back home yet.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Bump back to the top to try to get this member some help. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks for the BUMP, Tried dustys number no answer. I'm calling kamloops honda this a.m. to see if they have an alternator and can arrange delivery. I'll post the answer. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Keep on trying the number ,, it may be only the brushes stuck .. it is only a 5 mins job to get the alt out(3 bolts)and you can bring it to an auto shop ..basically the same as a car alt ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi:waving: a little more news .. we have a member right beside you ,, I will PM you his number .Ciaran

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

no answer on wildcats number. I tried all my resources available to me, best a rebuild or honda could do was $alot and at least a week to order it. I'm checking with my friend in fresno to see if he can overnight his. My vacation account wasnt counting on alot of variations in hotel time and parts.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

He hadn't signed up until last night somtime and had not yet been approved.
He is now.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
imported post

Surely a local auto electric can rebuild? If not, maybe someone who swapped over to Comp-u-fire could overnight you an original?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.