Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I live on a twisting, very narrow road in rural Kentucky. In the Fall of 2009, I was making my way up that narrow road with my grandson in his carseat in the back. We were almost to the top, when we rounded a curve, and saw that sitting in the middle of the road was a pickup truck pulling a hay wagon, which was on fire! I panicked, because there was no way to turn around! I couldn't get around the blazing wagon, and if I backed down, there were two steep, blind, curves I would have to negotiate. I was praying that a fire truck would come up the road any second to put out the fire. I again thought about backing down the hill, but what if the fire truck was racing UP the hill? I started praying, asking God to let me know if I should start backing down the hill. Suddenly, a man on a motorcycle was sitting beside my car in the next lane. He said, "I'll go to the first curve and make sure no one is coming. You back down to there, then I'll go to the next curve and do the same thing."When I thought about it later, I realized that there was no way that motorcycle could have gotten around that burning wagon! Where had he come from? There is no doubt in my mind that God sent an angel to protect me and my grandson until we reached safety. I will also add that when we got to the bottom of the hill, and had pulled into the only driveway, the fire truck came zooming by.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

What became of motorcycle rider?

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

so your god rides a motorcycle! good for you

my god would have said
- get out, make a pile of poo and throw it at the fire! -

that's what you get from a monkey god

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Great story. I've found that the best stories I have to tell, all have a motorcyclist in them.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Great story, thanks!:)

John

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I agree the lord work's in strange way's. Long ago when I was young and foolish and in highschool Me and my bddies went for a car ride in the backwoods. I mean backwoods over closed wooden bridgesand logging roads long abandoned . We also had a cpl cases of beer to keep us company.
Well after driving for an 1 1/2 and getting thoughly lost in the deep woods I crested a hill there was a low area in the road with about 3 foot tall weeds growwing up threw it. Well i gassed it planning to mow down the weeds. Well about 1/2 way throw the tires broke threw the thin hard layer on top and she went down. All 4 tires fell thro and the bumpers where sitting on the road. We where stuck and lost and no one was probly comming by for month's.
We got out looking at the situation and saying a few not so choice prayers!!!
Suddenly a guy walk's up from the bush beside the road. Asks if we need a pull. Not more than 50 feet on the other side of the trees he has a 8 wheel tractor the kind that swivels in the middle. Turns out he drove out there in the mornning and had been waiting for his partner to come pick him up but his buddy never came to get him yet and had been 4 hrs.
So we pulled the car out and he hopped in with us and we drove to the trailer where they where staying and found his buddy had deciced to have a few and was passed out.
Like you say the lord work's in funny way's
Wilf

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

When I was younger, I used to climb difficult mountains some... I was never in this type of situation, but mountaineers that find themselves in desperate straits, lost on a big mountain or injured and having difficulty getting down, often, after being rescued, report that they were conscious of a third person on their rope....a climber they had never seen before, but one with whom they were totally comfortable, and they also report being untroubled by the fact they hadn't started the climb with that climber... The unknown climber was especially in evidence during the most difficult time of their trial.

I only met one climber that had had that experience, and he reported it with that quiet, easy resolve that hard men sometimes have when they totally believe in something.

And why shouldn't God be a mountain climber? He made them after all........

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Our safety man at one of the plants I worked in was also a Captain at the Deer Park, Texas Fire Dept...Jake came over to have me check out his cart,and said they had a rather interesting call at the Fire Dept, the night before...These drunk teenagers had cut in front of this car on Center St. and to avoid hitting them that other driver swerved to miss them, lost control and hit this huge sign at this service station on that corner...The Paramedics, and Captains all wore red uniforms..OK...They get this driver out of his car and onto the stretcher, when he comes to, takes one look at all of the red uniforms, and goes NUTS!!!!...He's fighting for his life, no one could get near him..Finally one female paramedic asked him if he was in pain and that they were there to help him....He asked her "Am I dead???" she said no that he had been in a wreck...Then he pointed over her shoulder....She turned around and looked to where he was pointing....In the haze of a slight fog settling in, there was this SHELL station sign that the "S" had burned out, leaving only the word "HELL" ....Yeah that driver was only bruised up and did survive but he will never forget his trip to "HELL"....

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

After Living in upstate New York a few years I decided it was time to return to Georgia and pull out my '79 Wing that I had been storing should I ever settle down where I could ride it (long story).
Anyway, the bike needed some maintenance which I took care of but the other little issues I wasn't concerned with. Things like my motorcycle liceise had been changed in my move and it was now just for cages, the bike wasn't regestered, and the inspection sticker was long since expired. Oh yeah, I opted to save a few bucks by not insurring it.
I borrowed a tag from a friend promising to Fed Ex it back to him in a week (he had a HD but I figured no one would notice) and took off to tour the east coast.

In Virginia, the interstate was not a smooth road so I opted to take the state road that parelled it. After a few miles I happened on a wolf pack, about a half dozen State Troopers who had set up a road block stopping everyone for a check on their vehicles. The first Trooper took one look at my inspection sticker and told me to pull it over to the side of the road...

I knew I was cooked...=(

A Sargent came over, ticket book in hand and gave my bike a good looking over.
I knew I was about to go to jail so I informed him that he was making an illegal stop. He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face so I continued. I told him this was a Vintage Gold Wing and in the lower 48 states, it was illegal to pull them over. I said all riders of Gold Wings may of started with the rocket bikes but we have long since gotten that youthful energy out of our systems and now we want comfort in our rides. We are of an age where we don't ride drunk, we don't mind having lower gas milage compared to a scooter, and because we love to ride so much, we are never in a hurry...

He smiled at me and said his dad had a Wing just like the one I was on and he sort of remembered his dad always putting him on the backseat and going off somewhere just to ride...

...he then put is ticket book down and told me I could go...adding, to have a nice ride to ride safe...

I am sure if a cop writes a gaggle of tickets he might win a toaster or something, and I did feel bad (not really) that the trooper just missed out on winning a color TV with just what I had going on...but I appreciated the reprieve...

Two days after arriving home in New York, I had a completely legal ride and it has stayed so in the fifteen years since...but I do think of that trooper often...I wonder is there is another Trooper in the nation that ever gives a biker a break...

Could God be a lawman?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

Older bikers get the breaks, younger ones maybe not so much on their rocket bikes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.