Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

82 aspencade.

how do you get striped screw out of spedo.housing on front forks went to take out the gear.to clean and grease it.found out po had striped it out.can i get to it by takeing front wheel off.or can it be drilled and tapped.or just leave it alone.thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Cut an X in it with a dremel tool and smack it with an impact driver. Kit

·
Administrator
26,526 Posts
imported post

Yes you could drop the front wheel and do it that way. Those tapered head screws can be a bugger to get loose. A left handed drill bit might be the easiest way to get it out.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

First use a propane torch and heat it up a bit. Maybe stripped, but probably frozen by corrosion. Then use a chisel and spin it counter-clockwise out. Sure, you'll trash the screw, but you can find another.

It happens alot with bike that have set years without having tire changes.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

got it out.used dremel tool. cut slot in it used my impact driver.first hit on driver hit my hand.after a few cuss words.and a beer. hit again it come right out.now while swelling goes down will look for a bolt that fits.as always a BIG THANKS.....

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

It's amazing how many new names some things gets after you hit your fingers or hand with a hammer.....#%^&&**$#... screw !!! actually its a 10- 24 machine screw or a ......%*(*&[email protected]# bolt...Been there done that .....

Claude....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.