Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought i had valve cover leaking.but i found bolt that holds tac cable in is striped.can i put a longer bolt in .if i go to long what would it hit.or could i tap it to a course thread.or can i try blue lock tight.also when i take fuel pump and houseing off what comes out with it.:shock:

thanks alot alan

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

hmmmmm... Seems like those are a common problem spot, not sure why butI have had to recoiled several of them. I can not answer the other options you mentioned. As for removal and reinstalling make sure not to force the housing back on. The drive pad for the pump has to be aligned with the null spot on the end of the cam before seating up against the back of the head again. This can be done by twisting the pump and housing while pushing gently forward or by using the starter and bumping the engine over while holding pressure on the pump to get it aligned. Yes I do use a thin layer of sealant on both sides of that thick plastic spacer/ gasket.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You can probably go with a coarser thread..but first I'd try a new o ring..in there the bolt doesn't hold the tach in tightly just keeps it from coming out. If you take the bolt and put it in the groove on the end of the tach cable you'll see it not a snug fit. It's just like a pin to hold it in place..You might even try some steel wool on the threads to tighten them up a bit..

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

use a helicoil work good last long time very easy to use:waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.