Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone have a fix for a stripped carb lever for the sync screw. The nut just pulls the screw up when trying to tighten it. Can this be repaired.

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

That would be a tough one to fix, thin as it is it couldn't be helicoiled. If you could take it apart and hold the lever on a flat surface and peen it to make the screw fit tight it would probably hold if you are careful about tightening the lock nut.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

If the screw holds until you try to lock it down Green Loctite might work, it's thin enough to wick into the threads and may hold.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,576 Posts
imported post

I put a nut on the back side on mine. I had to thin it down quite a bit on a flat file first. It was working real well until I took it in to have the carbs worked on.

I was thinking abouttrying to epoxie, or soldernuts on the back side of all of them, but bought some other carbs instead.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have solved the problem. I took a 6mm bolt the same height and cut a slot in the top of it. With some help to lold the throttle open I drilled the hole and taped to the new size this works great. I had to use a spring out of a old valve body and cut it to the proper height. Was able to sync the carbs and off we went no problems at this time. Anyone know if the 83 has a bit of a roll to it at idle or is this maybe the idle mixture adjustment.

Thanks Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.