Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I looked at the listing on Ebay but it shows a regular spin on filter like a Fram or something else. The person at Machine Magic said he recommends the Honda filter because it has a pressure relief valve like my oem system. Besides $65 is not out of hand., Thank you for the listing though. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Just adding my two cents.......I too (apparently along with every other 1100-1200 winger out there) has had trouble with my bolt....just changed oil last night, as a matter of fact, and had to use a visegrips to get it off, got it back on ok.....so I'm good for another summer.....but sure am gonna order one of those bolts from JC whitney. Good riding! Bman

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

popeye7153 wrote:
I looked at the listing on Ebay but it shows a regular spin on filter like a Fram or something else. The person at Machine Magic said he recommends the Honda filter because it has a pressure relief valve like my oem system. Besides $65 is not out of hand., Thank you for the listing though. I appreciate it.
Well if you go to the next higher level of spin-on filter from Fram (Tough Guard series) it has a by-pass valve built-in (just like the Honda one). Only costs about a buck more but still less than the Honda filter.

A big plus is that you're not at the whim of the Honda dealer as most auto parts places carry the "standard" sizes. Just never go in one and ask for a filter for a Goldwing (Okay guys quit laughing and get me my filter)... Give them the number and tell them you want the equivilant(sp) from company "X" if you don't like Fram.

BTW the filters listed by Mr. Hagerman for his version of the spin-on adapter cross to multiple vehicles including old AMC wagons (60s'/70s'), Fords, Dodges, and Toyotas among others.

Ken

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

Jack, thanks for the link for the whitney bolt. I stuck that in my faves so i wont forget in days to come. And $9.99 isnt that bad, for a bolt that may be actually made out ofa hard substance, instead of cheese!! Bman

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Checks already sent off. I have a good dealer here that doesn't treat you as though you were a Harley rider and can afford a million repairs. Thanks for the advice though. I might try to see what filter I can get it in from the auto parts guys. I like Pure One from Purolater the best wonder if they have one that might cross over.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.