Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just got the heads on, filled with coolant, leaks out both sides. Now I need to take them apart again and gob some high-temp silicone in there. Whats the point in using orings if they leak like sieves? So CLOSE to going for a ride!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Yup. Remember these from my rebuild.

I seemed to have a lot of excess paint on mine when it came to pushing them togeather. I removed this and installed new rings. They did take a few efforts to get right though.

The main problem each time was that the O rings seemed to twist as they were pushed on. I could feel this happening but i did assemble the crossover from both heads to the centre off the bike first then push home onto the main feed from the pump.

I used no oil lube or anything, just tried to get it as clean as possible.

This problem may be best solved be taking off the right angle bits to the heads again and assembling off the head the whole section. This will cost you new paper seals to the heads again as they are coated with a sealer but if you have not fired her up then you may be able to save these as this is a heat cure type adhesive.

The PO of mine have filled the joints with red hemitite to solve this but I found just making sure it was clean and not twisted was sufficent.

Good luck:waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Happened me as well. Second attempt I used washing up liquid as lubricant and everything pushed home perfectly.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

I used a little bit of dielectric grease to just put a light coat of lube, went together great. That was the fourth set of O-rings that I installed, the rest leaked when put in dry.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.