Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It is not just our governments....
I went to Chase bank on Friday. All I wanted to do was cash a payroll check written on a commercial account. When I got to the counter the pretty woman behind the counter with a name tag that said Karen seemed preoccupied by the last transaction and still typing on the computer (after asking me to step to the window). I waited until she finished and asked to help me. I gave her the signed check and with a funny look she asked if I wanted to cash it.The funny look should have been the first red flag sent up that I should step back in the line and wait for someone else to help.
Yet I said yes .A pause and she asked if I had an account. I did not so it required a fingerprint. I printed my right thumb on the check handing the check and my ID to her. She rolls her eyes at me and say "I NEED your INDEX finger not your THUMB". For 5 yrs I have cashed my check using my right thumb, but I did not complain just put a second print on the check.
She looks at the check and says that she has to have it verified because it looked "different" I am not sure what looked different but it took nearly 5 minutes to get a manager to verify it.
I assumed they were calling the cops in case I had forged a check. The manager comes up one glance at the check says to cash it like a "regular" check. He walks off and the girl types on the puter. Then she looks at me as if I had done something wrong and says that it still won't go in. Since it was the first time I saw her touch the computer since I walked up I did not know what she meant by STILL. I am frustrated by the time wasted standing there in the first place but trying to stay calm (but let's face it god only gave me a certain time limit on how long I can be good).
She calls the manager back over there and asked him for help. He apologized and typed a seemingly endless numerical sequence. He looks up and says "HMMmmmm, that is strange." Mr. Eddins I am going to have to see another form of picture ID. Your social security card or something similar." (at this time I was at the end of the time limit that was allotted to me for being nice). "You have got to be kidding me. You want my social security card as well?"
The response to this was "NO sir it needs to be a picture ID."
I don't know a lot of people who carry more than one form of picture ID. Still thinking that there was a chance that this is almost done with I pull out my wallet and hand him my concealed handgun permit.
Anyone who has ever stepped to the counter at a bank can realize that it would be difficult for anyone to reach across the counter to touch the teller, yet the manager steps back as if I am going to assault him.
"Mr. Eddins it is a crime to carry a weapon in a bank. I am going to have to ask you for another form of picture ID"
I was shocked that he said this as I looked around at 3 people at the counter who were now stepping back looking for an armed bank robber.
"I am aware of that and all I want to do is cash my check and go." I was not carrying and could not believe that the manager would alarm the customers in the bank.
A glance at the security guard told me that he was poised by the exit and waiting for me to do something.
I told the manager "If it is going to be that big of a deal then give me the check and I will take directly to my bank on Saturday. The only reason I came here was because I couldn't make it to my bank before they closed"
"It is not a problem but I need another picture ID this one is NOT acceptable."
"I gave you 2 state issued ID's. What are you looking for. The only other picture I have is my Christmas picture with my kids. You have all but accused me of trying to rob you of the money that I have earned. If it is going to be a problem give me the check and I will go."
Another look at the security guard and the doors are closed and he is at the start of the red ribbon line trying to look intimidating.
"This is not a state issued ID"
At this point a third person comes to the computer and thank god they had a bit of since. The woman looks puzzled at the two and says "Julian, the only way to get a concealed carry permit is through the state. Karen did not log in properly that is why you got that error.... it was YOUR password it was looking for not his ID"
I held my tongue and did not shout the profanities that were coming to mind as she was counting the money out and apologizing. Julian and Karen slowly sank into the background as Vivian (my savior) cashed my check and mumbled uner her breath about idiots from Wa-MU. It seems Chase bank and Washington Mutual have merged and have a different style of dealing with customers. Still not an excuse by any means.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Don't you just hate banks,,, I think it's time for a good old fashioned REVOLUTION in this country.

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Like here, banks and currency exchanges will accept a driving licence as photo ID - any foriegner and illegal immigrant can get hold of one, but they won't accept an MOD credit card (Military ID). makes yer blood boil it does. :X

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

picasso wrote:
Don't you just hate banks,,, I think it's time for a good old fashioned REVOLUTION in this country.
Now that comment was just downright SUBVERSIVE.

Where and when do I sign up for this REVOLUTION??????

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

coltanaconda wrote:
picasso wrote:
Now that comment was just downright SUBVERSIVE.
Where and when do I sign up for this REVOLUTION??????
Yuh, Yuh...highly inflammatory...I think I can get 3 or 4 of us retired old ferts to sign up...but we'll be needin' a 2 hour coffee break every mornin'...non-negotiable!!! :action:

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

I love it when places wont accept my Government Issued Miltary ID card, I just go nuts on them

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

schmidtap wrote:
I love it when places wont accept my Government Issued Miltary ID card, I just go nuts on them
Never had mine refused anywhere in the world. Now. like you, I would've went ballistic on them if they had.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

LOL, the other day I went to my bank to withdraw some money for a large purchase. The guy at the teller window gave me the yeehaw about it was on my avialable funds but not on my posted balance so I could use the ATM machine, which has a $500 limit/day or write a check at a merchant, but they couldn't give me my money yet because they would have to double check the social security number to make sure my money was my money in my account!!!!!

I asked him to see if he could ask someone else in the bank about it and a woman who was the manager snidely said what the gentleman had told me was how it was going to be. I left PO'd and went down the road to the other branch and was told by a nice lady that all I had to do was take the check to the teller window and they would give me my money. Two bank branches, two different stories. I guess it just depends on the mood at the teller window on whether or not you can withdraw your money........lol If the second had not gave me my money, someone would have been gathering up all of my money in a cashiers check for sure!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Not up with your stories, but I still find it funny that they won't except expired picture ID as ID. Did your picture or name change because your ID expired? My daughter went to withdraw some money from her account our her bank on Friday to buy a car. She had an expired driver's permit and an expired Washington State ID, and her ATM card, but none of that was good enough. Fortunately my wife is on her account too so my wife showed ID and withdrew the money for her. :gunhead:

John

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You lot are lucky!!!! I have only just figured out how to get into my bank!!!!:shock:

My local branch has got those double citidal doors and it took me ages to figure out how they opperated, I was pressing lights and buttons and all sorts before I finally figured out that as the sloooow door on the outside has to close before the inside one just opens automatically. I stood there for ages tying to figure out how to get that second door to release as all the people in the queue stood there and watched me, "stuck" in the citadal!!!!!!:doh:

Now I have it figured out, it is my turn to watch the newbies struggle with the doors. This now puts me in a good mood to deal with the tellers once I get there!!!:cooldevil::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

My roommate is trying to get a Texas drivers license. Yes, she had one but it expired long ago. Still has it, but it's not "valid" any longer.

Went to the DPS office, couldn't get a new drivers license because you need a valid picture ID or you need a birth certificate. You need a notarized statement to get said birth certificate. To get a notary to sign, you need a valid picture ID. And around and around and around it goes....

Finally found a notary that overlooked the "valid" part of the ID.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I wonder how long it will be before bureaucracy and red tape finally have the world grind to a halt!!!:shock::(

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

I went to the US post office to mail a package and tried to pay for it with my Visa debit card. I have purposely not signed the back of the card so if there are any questions, they should ask for my drivers license. The clerk made me sign the back of my card, without seeing my drivers license, before she would accept my debit card as payment...

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I wonder how long it will be before bureaucracy and red tape finally have the world grind to a halt!!!:shock::(
When I started my company I had to get Workers Compensation Clearance but was told I didn't qualify because I wasn't doing the type of work needed to qualify me. I couldn't get the work because I didn't have the Workers Compensation Clearance.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Jerryk959 wrote:
I went to the US post office to mail a package and tried to pay for it with my Visa debit card. I have purposely not signed the back of the card so if there are any questions, they should ask for my drivers license. The clerk made me sign the back of my card, without seeing my drivers license, before she would accept my debit card as payment...
Can't pay with acredit card in our Post Offices in the UK, only debit cards, cash or cheque.

Apassport is the most common form of photo ID accepted here, since most of us have one. In recent years we are now issued with a photo ID driving licence, which is also mostly accepted.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Ok this is not a joke this a very true story!
I recently lost my wallet in said wallet it contained all of my Official Identification (Drivers License, MGM Grand Tech i.d., Law Enforecemnt Commision Card, ect) to get a replacemnt license I had to show a state or federal picture I.D., Of which i had none because of the prior mentioned wallet loss, so I went home found a image of the current drivers license on the net photoshopped in my picture and my information printed it on regular paper (looked very much like a tempory) and took it in to the license office. they looked at it and within 5 min i had my new temp and got my new hard copy in the mail 2 weeks later. Now all i wanna know is WTF????

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Did I hear REVOLUTION.... :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I figure about 6 more months - at best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.