Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Alot of people i know are heading to "Sturgis" this Sat!

I hear there's alot of Wings going this year, any of you going?!

Wish I could, maybe next year, just for the experience!

For you "X-Ponders" "Sturgis" is a massive bike run to Sturgis, South Dakota, they come from all over every state in droves, use to be mainly "Harley" but not has thousands of "Metric" bikes each year, one big party with bike events and tours plus Demo rides by most of the manufacturers!

"WARNING"....Would be hard on "Silver fox's" old Heart, lots of good looking "foxes" there missing half their clothes!!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Hey Wingdawg. I can't go because I don't have long hair, a beard, or a tattoo. :action:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
Hey Wingdawg. I can't go because I don't have long hair, a beard, or a tattoo. :action:
We can fix that !:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I passed through Sturgis during the rally a couple years ago, driving a truck unfortunately. What a madhouse! There were bikes lined up on the freeway shoulder for two miles ahead of the Sturgis off ramp. If you like drunkenness, general rowdiness, unbelievable noise, fights, and exorbitant prices for everything, it's a great place. I drove past New Orleans during Mardi Gras three years ago avoiding the city, I guess I'm just getting too old for that stuff. In fact I was too old for that stuff by the time I was 22.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

As a multi tripper to Sturgis, it is amazing!!!! Just don't expect to do much riding. Park the scoot, party, look at the topless women, party, watch out for drunks, party, look at topless women, party. Actually there is a worldwide bike group, shall we call them, that set up several shops with leather goods and actually pretty good prices. I picked up a pair of chaps for about $80.00, and what's her name a pair of boots for about $60.00, other than that you can expect to get gouged. I get a kick out of all the trailers that haul bikes in so they can ride around the block and put them back in the trailers for the trip home.

I much prefer to ride the area, which is well worth it (Needles Highway, Spearfish Canyon, Mt.Rushmore, Keystone, Crazy Horse, Deadwood-which has kind of been ruined with the gambling, used to be a nice place to kick around with the local history, shops, bars, etc. Badlands, Walldrug, caves, hot springs, Custer Parkwith the buffalo tying up traffic, gotta stop in and spend some time in Hill City, even a short jaunt to Devils Tower in Wyoming) in the off season where all you have to fight off are the Bounders (Motorhomes)

Kyle

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's funny how many guys trailer their bikes to within 50-100 miles of Sturgis and then ride in from there. I think you could make some money with a machine to blow bugs on the front of these phony dudes bikes.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

fatalattraction wrote:
I have a tat, but I wonder if support for your favourite NFL team would be a cool biker thing?

:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
As a multi tripper to Sturgis, it is amazing!!!! Just don't expect to do much riding. Park the scoot, party, look at the topless women, party, watch out for drunks, party, look at topless women, party. Actually there is a worldwide bike group, shall we call them, that set up several shops with leather goods and actually pretty good prices. I picked up a pair of chaps for about $80.00, and what's her name a pair of boots for about $60.00, other than that you can expect to get gouged. I get a kick out of all the trailers that haul bikes in so they can ride around the block and put them back in the trailers for the trip home.

I much prefer to ride the area, which is well worth it (Needles Highway, Spearfish Canyon, Mt.Rushmore, Keystone, Crazy Horse, Deadwood-which has kind of been ruined with the gambling, used to be a nice place to kick around with the local history, shops, bars, etc. Badlands, Walldrug, caves, hot springs, Custer Parkwith the buffalo tying up traffic, gotta stop in and spend some time in Hill City, even a short jaunt to Devils Tower in Wyoming) in the off season where all you have to fight off are the Bounders (Motorhomes)

Kyle

Well put Kyle!! We went thru Sturgis 3 weeks ago because it was so close to all the great sights to see in the area. I don't want to be in the area when the run is happening. There is some great riding up there!:cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

Rodent and I have talked about hitting Sturgis at least once but I'd rather ride into Winding myself. In case somebody/anybody doesn't know what Wingding is, it's an annualgathering of GoldWing owners held at a different place each year. They usually give away a new 'Wing each year, I believe.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
"WARNING"....Would be hard on "Silver fox's" old Heart, lots of good looking "foxes" there missing half their clothes!!:goofygrin:
Wingdawg, how backward do you think we are over here?:stumped: I know the relevence of Sturgis, I didn't get where I am today without paying for cable TV. Have watched the Men and Motors filming of the gathering, more than once.

And my heart is good and strong, I am capable of looking at half naked/ half dressed (depending on whether you are an optimist or pessimist)girlies all day long. It doesn't affect me one bit seeing ladies like that, I cannot condone the dangers of no protective clothing whilst riding, but hey... It's a free country isn't it??

If anyone would like to send me pictures of half naked (optomist) ladies, I would be happy to assess the risk factor and report back on my findings, later... much later.

Wingdawg, if you are thinking of going next year, maybe I might be able to save my pennies, come over and join you for the run. I feel certain that youand I could conduct a useful survey on the whole affair, and maybe we could talk to some of the affore mentioned misguided ladies and convince them of the dangers of riding n such a state of undress. Care would have to be taken not to encounter some of the gentlemen accompanying them!!!:chopper:

Might be best to leave Helen the Viking behind on that one, or there might be more risk of :chopper::fighting::gunner2::behead:

Foxy, Pete, (or whatever, I answer to just about anything!)

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Silver fox, I never for a moment thought you were "Backwards", you did mention you watched very little TV, so I made the mistake of assuming you might not have seen any coverage on "Sturgis", I apologize!!

And as for the heart remark I was just looking out for ya, ha!

I would love to go next year, if I have a new bike by then i will for sure?

Maybe without telling "Wingnut" we can go there and pose as reporters and camera men for the "Worlds Greatest Gold Wing Site" which of course would mean we need to interview most of those women that could be endangering themselves for lack of proper motorcycling clothing?!!!!!:clapper:

P.S. and demonstrate "CPR" techniques!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I would venture to say Wing Ding and Sturgis are 180 degrees opposite of each other. Even further apart if it were possible.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I would venture to say Wing Ding and Sturgis are 180 degrees opposite of each other. Even further apart if it were possible.

Raymond
Yes they are!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Silver fox, I never for a moment thought you were "Backwards", you did mention you watched very little TV, so I made the mistake of assuming you might not have seen any coverage on "Sturgis", I apologize!!

And as for the heart remark I was just looking out for ya, ha!

I would love to go next year, if I have a new bike by then i will for sure?

Maybe without telling "Wingnut" we can go there and pose as reporters and camera men for the "Worlds Greatest Gold Wing Site" which of course would mean we need to interview most of those women that could be endangering themselves for lack of proper motorcycling clothing?!!!!!:clapper:

P.S. and demonstrate "CPR" techniques!:baffled:
When I said very little TV, that program was the very little.

Not sure that "Wingnut" is the only person we might be best not mentioning the " in depth interviews" to. Helen the Viking, just might have something unprintable to say about the necessity of the "cause". There is an old Danish recipe for pigs nether regions, and she may well substitute the pigs genitalia for mine!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Ouch! No wonder Pigs Squeal !

I would not want to see the wrath of one "Helen the Viking", got a feeling she's could be the female version "Brave Heart" (Wallace)!!!:chopper:

"What's in Your Wallet"!

"Hell hath no fury like a Women scorn"!

Would not want to see "Helen turn into Hellon"?

Hope she realizes I was only kidding!

I'm sure she knows are focus at an event like Sturgis would only be on the "Motorcycles" !!!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I passed through Sturgis during the rally a couple years ago, driving a truck unfortunately. What a madhouse! There were bikes lined up on the freeway shoulder for two miles ahead of the Sturgis off ramp. If you like drunkenness, general rowdiness, unbelievable noise, fights, and exorbitant prices for everything, it's a great place. I drove past New Orleans during Mardi Gras three years ago avoiding the city, I guess I'm just getting too old for that stuff. In fact I was too old for that stuff by the time I was 22.
Paul, dont feel bad about it. Your not the only one! I to dreamed for many years of making Daytona/Sturgis and during my 20+ years in the USN could never really find the time (of course not having a bike during that time didnt help either).

Once I finally made it to Daytona Bike Week, I was very disappointed with the whole drunkin fiasco! When I was a younger lad I would have enjoyed it but now I cannot stand being around that many drunkin fighting slobs! :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
It's funny how many guys trailer their bikes to within 50-100 miles of Sturgis and then ride in from there. I think you could make some money with a machine to blow bugs on the front of these phony dudes bikes.

I have a friend who trailered his Harley look-alike to the Myrtle Beach Run from Charlotte. That is less than a 4 hour ride!!:dance:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
exavid wrote:

I have a friend who trailered his Harley look-alike to the Myrtle Beach Run from Charlotte. That is less than a 4 hour ride!!:dance:
The bad part was he wore is "Leathers" on the way down !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
stretrod48 wrote:
exavid wrote:

The bad part was he wore is "Leathers" on the way down !:goofygrin:

I would not put it past him!! He has more money in his motorcycle clothing that I have in my bike!!:bananas:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.