Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

misterious subfilter....., i dismanteled a full bike to get it... lol

ok i found it... i opened it and the filter itself was in horrible conditions! but?????? there was only one little rubber tube getting in from the right side.. on the bottom of the filter case there is an hole...and no connection!!

again...this

there is a pic that can describe the piece in here....the left little rubber tube is missing totally!

:watching::watching::watching:what am i supposed to do now??? where does it end this tube<?????

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I think you are OK in what you describe. Also, the photos and descriptions may have you slightly confused -- the two photos show two different filters... The "Sub-Filter" is on the right side of the bike and has only one tube (as you discovered on your bike) ... and the other photo shows the other filter, the "Cruise Filter" on the left-side of the bike (has no hoses)...

So if you find only one hose attached to your Sub-Filter, then this is correct. One hose only, and the hose connects to the solenoid valves near the Right-pocket in the fairing...

The Sub-Filter is on the right side of the bike and has only the one hose connection ... This filter is locted near the fairing's air/heater vents on the right side of the bike. The single hose will run upward to the electrical valves near the right side pocket (you can see the valve and the ONE hose connection between the air vents in this photo)

This other photoshows the Cruise filteron the left side of the bike and has NO hose connection. the Cruise filter fits directly to the cruise control system's solenoid valve assembly
(This picture shows the Cruise filter on theLEFT side of the bike - near the top of this picture you can see the fuel filler cap, so this Cruise filter is much farther away from the faring and on the opposite side of the bike - the cruise filter is in the "clean" plastic container on the right of the Cruise Control Solenoid Valve Assembly

;)

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

satan wrote:
I think you are OK in what you describe. Also, the photos and descriptions may have you slightly confused -- the two photos show two different filters... The "Sub-Filter" is on the right side of the bike and has only one tube (as you discovered on your bike) ... and the other photo shows the other filter, the "Cruise Filter" on the left-side of the bike (has no hoses)...

So if you find only one hose attached to your Sub-Filter, then this is correct. One hose only, and the hose connects to the solenoid valves near the Right-pocket in the fairing...

The Sub-Filter is on the right side of the bike and has only the one hose connection ... This filter is locted near the fairing's air/heater vents on the right side of the bike. The single hose will run upward to the electrical valves near the right side pocket (you can see the valve and the ONE hose connection between the air vents in this photo)

This other photo shows the Cruise filter on the left side of the bike and has NO hose connection. the Cruise filter fits directly to the cruise control system's solenoid valve assembly
(This picture shows the Cruise filter on the LEFT side of the bike - near the top of this picture you can see the fuel filler cap, so this Cruise filter is much farther away from the faring and on the opposite side of the bike - the cruise filter is in the "clean" plastic container on the right of the Cruise Control Solenoid Valve Assembly

;)

Satan maybe there is something which either me or you we cannot meet with:

The filter i am talking about is the one one right side of the bike, it's not the "L" shaped filter, but a little flat one! And as i can see from the picture there is also another hose that goes from the bottom of the little square filter to the lower engine!i don't have that one hose but only and empty hole.

The other left filter is an "L" shaped one.... It has nothing to do with the one i have doubts about ;-)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

It has no 2nd hose. The bottom of the right side sub filter is just an opening for the air to get in.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Sorry 'bout that -- ... As Rudy correctly says... that "Second Hose" is usually not present -- it is only used as an air intake. (the photo is from a California or other tight emission control bike - nothing you would have there)...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

Is there an idiots guide anywhere showing how to get at the sub filter? I'm a newbie to Wings and have just done the basic stuff including the cam belts but I don't know if I've got the courage yet to tackle getting at the sub filter. I used Steve's pages for the other jobs I've done and they made it really easy.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Just rip all of the plastic off. A portion of the faring, false tank, seat, side covers...It's a job! Took me around 4 hours of tearing plastic off and putting it back on.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

John J wrote:
Is there an idiots guide anywhere showing how to get at the sub filter? I'm a newbie to Wings and have just done the basic stuff including the cam belts but I don't know if I've got the courage yet to tackle getting at the sub filter. I used Steve's pages for the other jobs I've done and they made it really easy.
> It's easy compared to the belts!
> The only challenge is the shear quantity of parts (mostly tupperware) that must be removed.

Steps:
1) Remove front lower cowl (eg Covers oil filter)
2) Remove right cover (eg Contains the exit for the fan louvers)
3) Remove seat
4) Remove right & left dash covers (eg Goes beneath the handle bars, and inwards of the dash pockets)
5) Remove Radio
6) Remove right mid-cover (eg Contains the controls to the air shocks)
7) Remove housing for sub filter
8) Replace (sub) filter
9) Re-install, by reversing Steps 1-8

Hints: Use this as an opportunity to also:
--Replace the Cruise-Filter (which is opposite the sub-filter, on left side)
--Replace the Carb Air Filter (which is beneath the radio)
--Replace the Fuel Filter (which is beneath the radio)
--Clean the Reverse-Switch (using electrical cleaner, into the tiny hole on the bottom)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.