Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Wow.... Really drives home the fact that you can spend $23,000 and get a great ride and a source of great travel but it only takes a couple of grand to have a true adventure...... I like it!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

That is downright inspiring. Makes me want to run out and buy an old KLR650 right now!!!!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Do it!

You'll never be sorry.....I ain't!

(I even found an old pair of pants in mine! Not sure I'm the one that put them there! Ahahahaha.....)

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The dream garage for me?

My Strom, an 1800, and either a XL650R or a KLR650...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

:applause: I beat the snot out of my SP400 and had a blast doing it. I'm immensely enjoying wearing out my 1500 now too. Tore up the St. Helens Windy ridge road with Greg on Tuesday and scraped some metal off of the bike doing it. :cheesygrin: Bikes are made to be ridden. :action:

John

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Ain't no shame in "ugly or slow!" Or cheap, for that matter.... this bike below, ridden by Dr. Gregory Frazier around the world on a financial shoestring, is now in the National Motorcycle Hall Of Fame Museum. Hundreds of people born without a silver spoon in their mouths have done the same. It's the Swiss Army knife of motorcycles...available to all...doesn't do anything extremely well, just everything pretty well... I love mine, and when it croaks, I'll get another....

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
windy ridge is the best road...
It is definitely a great road!:action:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Do it!

You'll never be sorry.....I ain't!

(I even found an old pair of pants in mine! Not sure I'm the one that put them there! Ahahahaha.....)
I bought a brand new KLR650 in '01, and me and it did not get along. back then it was my only bike, and it was not nearly as comfortable as the Vulcan 750 I traded for it, so about a year later I traded it for another new Vulcan 750. I now have a Yamaha XT225, which is an excellent trail bike, and will go almost anywhere. It's a little small for someone my size as for as highway riding goes. I also have a Honda Rebel 250 that several people want to buy, I might just sell that and get an '07 or older KLR650. Don't really care for the '08 and up, They put to much bodywork on it for a dirt bike. Looks like they may have been trying to copy the BMW GS series.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

the klr650 is the only bike ( exact model) I have ever bought more than once ,

I have owned three and they have been bullet proof ,

would like to own one of the diesel enginedmilitary units and maybe a dl1000

v-strom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.