Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I don't know what went wrong, but it started, the old girl started. It jumped timing once, yeah, I didn't torque the bolts yet, just tightened them. Second time, I torqued 'em. And I'll be damned if she didn't start up. She's running a little rough, I have some fine tuning to so, but SHE IS RUNNING.

I gave my dad a call and started her up so he could hear it run and I trhought he was going to cry, he couldn't believe it. He really thought that it was done for. The bodypeices are all off and on their way to be painted, all I have to do know is fine tune her, shine up the bits and peices and wait for them to come back.

He had the radiation to zap the cancer on his brain and in a couple weeks he goes in for the final provedure. They'll drill a hole, go in and remove it. After that he won't be able to drive a car, ride the bike or a lawnmower for about 3-4 weeks. After that the doctor says he should be fine for the trip to West Virginia. We've agreed on some routes to give him a chance to get back in the saddle and get his confidence up. I told him he needs to go back down the same route that we were on when he went down, he needs to beat the curve that went down on. He looked at me a little unhappy, but he agreed that he had to do it.

So the trip of a life is looking good.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

Good news on the bike and praying for even better news for your dad!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

I am happy to hear you have progress on both fronts . Especially good to hear your Dad is on track and beating the C devil . I pray all goes well for him . May you be blessed with a great vacation together .

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Oh what memories you will have after that trip. Cherish every moment of the trip, and of your time together. :)

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Great news! please keep us informed on your father and the bike:waving:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I am happy every thing is working out for you and your DAD. Hope you have many more rides together.Keep us informed.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Good on ya for fixing your Dad's bike; and good on him for his courage .....

Our prayers for both of you, and best wishes for your trip....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.