Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful Ebay Purchase

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
imported post

Anyone who knows my bike will have seen the big unsightly looking grey trailer connection socket put on by a dealer on the rear panel of my 1800. The number of comments passed about it have been distracting from the rest of the bike. This is the rear panel behind the number plate that comes off when you remove the rear wheel on an 1800. It was bugging me so I took the connector off to replace it with a nice fine chrome plated one but was left with a big hole to cover. I priced a replacement part from the main Honda dealers in Great Britain and was quoted around £200 with difficulty getting one in candy red. Several weeks ago I went on Ebay to the American Goldwing section and bought a brand new one for $35 including postage to my door. It came off a brand new unused bike which was being triked in 2003 and was my exact colour. It arrived today absolutely perfect at a total cost to me of around £20 all in. Ebay worked for me this time.

See less See more
#3 ·
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
Alright Ebay can certainly save you some money if you are careful and research prices first.

Bob :11grey:
Ebay is an excellent resource for rebuilding an older bike like my GL1000. Lots of older Wings are (sadly) being parted and thousands of parts are put on ebay... almost any part you can think of for the older bikes is there, or will be there soon.

#4 ·
imported post

The American market on Ebay is absolutely brilliant. There are loads of brand new parts available for the GL1800 from new bikes which arebeing triked, being sold on Ebayfor a fraction of the retail price from Honda. If you had an unsightly scratch or mark you can, if you are lucky, find a new replacement at a ridiculously low price on Ebay. I was always a little sceptical about Ebay but I recently bought two pairs of Randolph Avaitor Sunglasses worth £100 ($175) eachretail for£15 eachdelivered to my door. I also bought a spare screen for £38 on Ebay from Dave Silver Spares which normally retails at almost £200 from Honda. If you are careful you can certainly pick up a bargain. Everything I have bought so farhas beenbrand new and unmarked as described by the seller.

:clapper::clapper:

G
#5 ·
imported post

Hey Littlejohn :leprechaun: The next thing you will be telling us :jumper:is that you won £2,000,000.00 in the Lotto. :weightlifter:Ray Ban sunglasses are the one's to wear.:clapper:Those screens were £60 from Silverspares recently. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

#6 ·
imported post

Redwing check out the Randolph Aviators on Ebay. They are the ones used by topgun pilots and have a straight edge both sides so you can slide them on and off whilst still wearing your helmet. They look quite cool. My localoptician stocks them at £100 a pair.

You have to be patient with Ebay as the panel I bought is now on again in a different colour with the same seller but I see he has a $60 buy it now price on it whilst I paid $35 for mine including postage. I bought the screen some time ago and I am keeping it in the garage as a spare as it was so cheap. I paid exactly £38 delivered to the door for it. I did tell others about them on the forum, so they have probably increased the price to cater for the increase in interest and make more dosh.

Ps:- I didn't win the lotto I just took early retirement with loads of lovely dosh.

G
#7 ·
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Redwing check out the Randolph Aviators on Ebay. They are the ones used by topgun pilots and have a straight edge both sides so you can slide them on and off whilst still wearing your helmet. They look quite cool.
Hey Littlejohn :cooldevil:I see this neighbour of mine wears the Rayban sunglasses when he is flying, and he seems to think that he is a topgun pilot. :doh: I must tell him about the Randolph Aviators. :weightlifter:

:jumper::18red::jumper:

#8 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Littlejohn wrote:
Redwing check out the Randolph Aviators on Ebay. They are the ones used by topgun pilots and have a straight edge both sides so you can slide them on and off whilst still wearing your helmet. They look quite cool.
Hey Littlejohn :cooldevil:I see this neighbour of mine wears the Rayban sunglasses when he is flying, and he seems to think that he is a topgun pilot. :doh: I must tell him about the Randolph Aviators. :weightlifter:
Nah, yer neighbor's right, I've been using Rayban Aviators for flying for over 40yrs!

#9 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Littlejohn :leprechaun: The next thing you will be telling us :jumper:is that you won £2,000,000.00 in the Lotto. :weightlifter:Ray Ban sunglasses are the one's to wear.:clapper:Those screens were £60 from Silverspares recently. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:
While riding in northern Oregon yesterday I was wondering why everything seemed so bright. That's when I realized that I hadn't put on my sunglasses after a rest stop.

My friend Pete, who was riding behind me, saw my Ray Bans fly off the back ofthe bike and shatter. So much for that. :( My old Air Force flight glasses came to the rescue for the rest of the trip.

However, it was a great weekend of riding in some of the most stunning scenery I've ever ridden. If you ever get a chance to ride in Oregon and you're in the vicinity of Baker City or LaGrande, go west from there. The area bordered by I-84 to the northeast, Hwy 26 to the south, and Hwy 395 to the west is absolutely gorgeous. After riding out and camping there Saturday night we spent a day riding there yesterday , then an iron-butt to home. 16 hours in the saddle was a little too much, but we covered a lot of ground. 800 miles on a bike is too much for one day - especially stuck trying to cross the Cascade mountains at midnight.:D Aside from all the hairpin turns on badly marked roads at night in the cold, the deer were out in droves.

G
#10 ·
imported post

axelwik wrote:
However, it was a great weekend of riding in some of the most stunning scenery I've ever ridden. If you ever get a chance to ride in Oregon and you're in the vicinity of Baker City or LaGrande, go west from there. The area bordered by I-84 to the northeast, Hwy 26 to the south, and Hwy 395 to the west is absolutely gorgeous. After riding out and camping there Saturday night we spent a day riding there yesterday , then an iron-butt to home. 16 hours in the saddle was a little too much, but we covered a lot of ground. 800 miles on a bike is too much for one day - especially stuck trying to cross the Cascade mountains at midnight.:D Aside from all the hairpin turns on badly marked roads at night in the cold, the deer were out in droves.
I guess i will never get to see all thosepretty places. :crying:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

#12 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
I guess i will never get to see all thosepretty places. :crying:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
I'll bet that if I came to Ireland to ride, I'd be saying the same thing about Ireland as I said about Oregon!

However, I'd probably be cussing everyone for driving on the wrong side of the road!

G
#13 ·
imported post

axelwik wrote:
I'll bet that if I came to Ireland to ride, I'd be saying the same thing about Ireland as I said about Oregon!

However, I'd probably be cussing everyone for driving on the wrong side of the road!
Hey axelwik :grinner: Yeah beautiful scenery in good old Ireland. :clapper: No you would not be cussing, because we all drive on the correct side of the road :weightlifter:and the steering wheel is on the correct side as well. :jumper:

:byebye: :18red: :byebye:

#14 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey axelwik :grinner: Yeah beautiful scenery in good old Ireland. :clapper: No you would not be cussing, because we all drive on the correct side of the road :weightlifter:and the steering wheel is on the correct side as well. :jumper:

:byebye: :18red: :byebye:
I guess it's something I'd have to get used to. I can send morse code with my left or right hand (a little slower withthe left)...so Isuppose I can get used to driving on the other side of the road. I'm sure the drivers are better there.

My lovely wife and I plan ongoing to Ireland two years from now when I'm finished with school. After retiring from the air force I decided to go back and study geology. I'm half through the program with two years to go. Hopefully we can rent a bike somewhere... maybe start in England. Funny that I spent 16 years in Europe, but never made it to the islands aside from stopping at the Shannon airport for a few hours enroute to and from the middle-east.

G
#15 ·
imported post

Ok we will have a guard of honour of Goldwing M/Cycles :18red::18green::18pink::18magenta::18yellow::18white::18black::18pink::18liteblue::18grey::18blue::18teal::18gold:waiting at the airport for you and your boss.

:walker::18red::walker:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.