Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I didn't notice one at NASSIR 4 (unless I am havng a senior moment) and I didn't attend NASSIR 1 thru 3 so this may have already been discussed but I didn't see an official "Guest Book" for everyone to sign. I would like to suggest that this be part of the NASSIR events going forward and I would also like to offer up that if everyone is in agreement that I will get/make a nice durable guest book that can be passed from event to event and bring it to NASSIR 5 next July. I think it would be an excellent historical tradition to implement.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

This would be a fantastic Idea....As far as NASSIR 1 through 4, it might have to be mailed around to get everyone to sign it....

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a good idea you have.:applause:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Does anyone remember if we had a guest book out at NASSIR 4???

:?

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

redbaron wrote:
This would be a fantastic Idea....As far as NASSIR 1 through 4, it might have to be mailed around to get everyone to sign it....
Thats a good idea but postage would get to be expensive as the book grows .

On that thought though perhaps a page could be designed for the previous NASSIR events . Those who attended could print there own page,sign it and send it to be put in the book . That would mean many pages with little on them .Could add a photo you have from that trip ? Or maybe just put your signature , send it in and the the signatures could be photo copied to one page ?

Another way ,if you were at an earlier event you could "sign in " at a later event . this would take some cross reference to keep up with it and accuracy .

All in all I like the idea .

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

I like the idea, although I think the previous attendees will have to just be entered by John Hafling to kick the whole thing off :ROFL:

Should not be too hard to get a list of previous attendees.
We have enough pictures to count faces.

I for one, have made them all.

So, maybe a thread to get everyone to pipe up and state how many they have attended? That should be good enough.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Yea me too, I've been to them all, even if it was only for a few hours

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

We did have a sign in sheet at NASSIR 3 and I think there was one at NASSIR 1 also.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

I believe D-Rod is right............(Did I just say that???) :?

We can re-create NASSIR 1-4 easy enough.

I have been at all the NASSIR's with the exception for NASSIR 2 in Montrose, I was loaded and ready to go when Pop Fly had a heart attack and I headed for the hospital instead of Montrose but got to attend the auction via skype and spent a fortune! :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

We've been to all four and I think there was a sign in sheet at 1, 2 and 3. Don't remember ever seeing one at 4.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Bills Girl wrote:
We've been to all four and I think there was a sign in sheet at 1, 2 and 3. Don't remember ever seeing one at 4.
Just thinking about this a little more............I am in contact with all the prior NASSIR hosts for information for NASSIR 5and I will ask them about it.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Hhmm, just an idea here but since we are mostly computer literate would using a netbook or something like that make the sorting & recording a lot easier?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Cant we just make one thread for each event and ONLY post once if you attended?:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

well , it`s been a month since last post on the subject. how things going ? ?

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
As for me, things on the forum are going pretty SLOW of late. I am focusing hard on my kitchen remodel and the house is in a state of turmoil so I haven't had much time to be spending on the internet (forum). The remodel should be mostly complete by Thanksgiving (at least that's the plan) so I should have some time to spend on this and a couple of other forum "projects" I have in the wings (no pun intended).

Thanks for everyone's patience!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Halfling wrote:
wda-83wing wrote:
As for me, things on the forum are going pretty SLOW of late. I am focusing hard on my kitchen remodel and the house is in a state of turmoil so I haven't had much time to be spending on the internet (forum). The remodel should be mostly complete by Thanksgiving (at least that's the plan) so I should have some time to spend on this and a couple of other forum "projects" I have in the wings (no pun intended).

Thanks for everyone's patience!
"Patience is a virtue, but I have never been a virtuous person"
Chromo 2011 2008 1998 1979 etc...

If you need a hand on the remodel, I don't do wood trim, but I can smear wood putty on screw holes and sand, or twist a few screws etc as I pass by LOL

Good luck, I'd help if I could.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

We've discussed Nassir 2, and there was not a sign in as such, but we have lists of whopaid for the meal, for tshirts, etc. so, Cindy thinks we can come up with a pretty good tally of who was there.

I think an actual hardcopy book would be cool, and could be passed on to the next year's host when we decide where it will be. Usually this happens before the rally is over.

I suppose if we fill it up, we can start a volume 2, etc. Maybe a page on the forum for each one, as well?

:?:?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

There was not one at NASSIR 4 either, but I could come up with a list of most everyone that attended it as well. I also already have a lot of it from t-shirt and meal orders. I think it's a great idea too. I've been fortunate enough to attend 1, 2 & 4 myself and thoroughly enjoyed all 3!

Question, do you think we should include real names or only forum handles? I think most people would OK with having their real name in the book along with their forum handle, but some may not.

John

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Nothing to hide eh ?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Nothing to hide eh ?