Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am adding an LED break light with pulsator to a '86 1200A. It will be attached to the bottom of the trunk rack. I am going to try and hide the wires on the rack. I do not want to put any holes in the trunk. I'm thinking that the wire could slip in and hide behind the passenger's arm rest.

This will be the only break light connected to the pulsator. I wanted it as high as I could get it...similar to the "third" break light on a car/truck. This type pulsator will blink 5 times then stay on each time the break is used.

My question...where would be the best place to "tie into" the break light wire? The LED bar light will only use an itty-bitty bit of amps so large wire and stator load should not be a problem.

I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has done something similar, but I cannot find a reference through a search...maybe I just ain't searched with the right incantations.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or advice...

GaryB

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i have a brake light modulater that is wired to the trunk brake lights, it doesnt activate the saddlebag brake lights, mine is wired to the wiring harness under the seat, if you take the seat off you will see the harness plugs for the rear brake and tail lights

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

******* wrote:
i have a brake light modulater that is wired to the trunk brake lights, it doesnt activate the saddlebag brake lights, mine is wired to the wiring harness under the seat, if you take the seat off you will see the harness plugs for the rear brake and tail lights

welcome to the forum
Oh yeah! Just what I was looking for. I'm too lazy to trace the wiring and hunt it up myself.:)If someone else knows, why do it...just ask! Thanks!!

Hmmm, *******. What-up, cross-da-waters cuz??!! You see, I'm just an (ex)Mississippi Delta, cotton grow'n, soybean raising, rice farm'n rednek!!! I'm just reformed..but the sides of the wagon is slick. ...and those who know me call me Bubba...(a fat, dumb, Mississippi Rednek) :D

Again, thank you for your reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.