Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After almost 11 years together, my GL1500 is rapidly approaching 100K on the odometer. I'd like to film it in action, as well as get some still photos to share on the net. I've never had much interest in the Go-pro type setups, and don't really want to invest a lot in a one-time event. I've got an older digital camera at home, but I don't know if it'll let me extract stills from video. I also have an iPhone 4S I used to get some stills at earlier milestones. For obvious safety reasons, I'd rather have a camera mounted to the dash for this in-motion event. I'd also prefer not to have to drill holes in my dashboard. Any suggestions for using what I have? Or anybody around east-central Alabama got a Go-pro to loan out? :)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Hi all,
After almost 11 years together, my GL1500 is rapidly approaching 100K on the odometer. I'd like to film it in action, as well as get some still photos to share on the net. I've never had much interest in the Go-pro type setups, and don't really want to invest a lot in a one-time event. I've got an older digital camera at home, but I don't know if it'll let me extract stills from video. I also have an iPhone 4S I used to get some stills at earlier milestones. For obvious safety reasons, I'd rather have a camera mounted to the dash for this in-motion event. I'd also prefer not to have to drill holes in my dashboard. Any suggestions for using what I have? Or anybody around east-central Alabama got a Go-pro to loan out? :)
Your digital camera will probably take better video, just make sure you have a large enough card in it.

You can get RAM mounts to attach it to the bike very easily and very stable.

Software like EZVID (FREE) let's you grab single frames.

I just got a Contour Roam2 for this Summer. Sort of looking forward to the videos it'll take since they will be in a wide angle mode.
It's a alternative to the GOPRO.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
There was a water proof sports camera on eBay for $20 16GB capacity

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Thought you were going to talking about 100mph.

That's what I thought 'the ton' was.

Oh well good luck anyway. Heck a digital camera will take a good picture of the odometer at 100,000 miles (or kilometers) and looks very good with the last number 2/3rds rolled into place.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Yep, I've 'caught a ton' many times on my 1500, 1800 and Silverwing Scooter as measured by my GPS. To me a ton refers to 100mph.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Good luck. I tried that with my 1200 but it stuck at 99999.9. I kept going around the block, but it wouldn't turn over. On my way to work the next day I looked down to see it had rolled over and I missed it. ;)

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.