Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took some back roads that I haven't been on all summer. Here is a pic on a bridge just off Hwy 33 at the intersection that goes to Sneedville.

The next pic is at one of my favorite spots. The Veteran's Memorial on Clinch Mtn.

This is one beautiful view! 167 miles today and just as many smiles!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Why weren't you watching football? Hmmmmmm?:whip:

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

That "Nowhere" looks like a beautiful place to ride. Great pics.

Steve

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I alway enjoy those rides to nowhere, when you get to the middle of nowhere is when things usually get good.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Great pics. Yep, the road to nowhere is pretty fantastic sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

After I crossed the bridge, I took a left back toward Bean Station. The road across the mountain was just wonderful! Lots of hairpins on the accent and several on the decent. There were no pulloffs or I would have stopped to take pics. A black unmarked car followed me across the mountain and into Bean Station. I would leave him in the turns and he would catch me in the straight-a-ways. In Bean Station he pulled up next to me, waved and went on. He was a policeman of some sort but there were no markings, just radios. I think he had a good time watching the Valk put on a show for him.

Yeh, nowhere is a great place to go on a beautiful fall day!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Great pictures!! A great way to clear your head and make you happy all over!! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Red :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Red, You sure make that little Miata look good sitting there! I bet you really enjoy the warm sun and cool breezes riding those wonderful Washington roads! Stay well!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Red, You sure make that little Miata look good sitting there!  I bet you really enjoy the warm sun and cool breezes riding those wonderful Washington roads!  Stay well!

Dubs

Dubswing! I absolutely LOVE my Miata! It's getting cooler here, but the sun is still shining so we just dress a little warmer and head down the road to ?????? Doesn't really matter, that's what we like. Keep on riding and enjoy that sweet bike! Love the pictures you post!! Take care and tell Lois "Hi"!

Red :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I remember seeing your eyes light up when you first saw the Miata and thought it was just what you wanted! It makes me feel good to know you still like it so much. Lois wants to know when you two will be visiting again. She likes the little car we now have. Tell Mel it is OK to be seen in a 4 wheeled vehicle occassionally!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

Living in northern Illinois, for weekend day rides we head to southern WI, which is very nice this time of year. But those pictures of TN make me so jealous. I have taken 25E as a "short cut" home from NC many times, I think you are in that vicinity? Would love to retire in TN and extend the riding season.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Oddy, we are very close to 25E with roads like the one in the picture all around us. If you ever head this way, let me know so we can meet up and ride together.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
I remember seeing your eyes light up when you first saw the Miata and thought it was just what you wanted!  It makes me feel good to know you still like it so much.  Lois wants to know when you two will be visiting again.  She likes the little car we now have.  Tell Mel it is OK to be seen in a 4 wheeled vehicle occassionally!

Dubs

Hey Dubswing! Mel loves riding in the Miata! He loves to be "Chauffeured" around, especially in the Miata!!! What he doesn't like to ride in, is my Mariner Mobile!! He wears his sunglasses and pulls his hat down low so know one recognizes him! I don't understand why!! :?

Red :cheesygrin:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Red Goudger wrote:
Dubswing wrote:
I remember seeing your eyes light up when you first saw the Miata and thought it was just what you wanted! It makes me feel good to know you still like it so much. Lois wants to know when you two will be visiting again. She likes the little car we now have. Tell Mel it is OK to be seen in a 4 wheeled vehicle occassionally!

Dubs

Hey Dubswing! Mel loves riding in the Miata! He loves to be "Chauffeured" around, especially in the Miata!!! What he doesn't like to ride in, is my Mariner Mobile!! He wears his sunglasses and pulls his hat down low so know one recognizes him! I don't understand why!! :?

Red :cheesygrin:
Hey Red, tell Mel it could be worse!

It could be a Pittsburgh Pirate mobile!:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

That is so funny. I love that car. I thought about looking for a Geo Tracker just for a fun, inexpensive 4 wheel drive vehicle. But I just know Mel would love being driven around town in an exotic sports car; top down, with you beside him! So the legend of the Oak and the Willow Branch lives on, whether by a two wheeled steed or in your wonderful two seater!

dubs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.