Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the link ...
Our government in all its wisdom does NOt allow us to view these ads when they run????

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Actually CC, it's not the government.

It's a complex agreement between the union who represents the actors and voice artists and the ad industry in which viewing of ads outside of specified market areas bring HUGE royalty payments to the actors and artists...so you get Canadian commercials to avoid that payment.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

I don't know about you folks but I think the commercials are not as good as they used to be............:(

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I wish I had of saved it, and its probably out there some where but....The funniest super bowl ad I believe that I ever saw was the Budweiser beer commercial about the guy and girl in that horse drawn sled and the guy puts up some candles, bends over to get the beer and the horse cuts gas, frying the girl......Now that commercial caused me to run like crazy for the john before I messed myself up..... The rest as far as I'm concerned, might be funny, this one is totally off the charts....."You smell BBQ???"

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I agree with you Flyone.

Budweiser has been trying to top This one since 2002. This is quite possibly the most awesome commercial ever produced...and the fact that it was only run one time made it all the more powerful.

They came really close with This one which nobody who's ever secretly helped a small child do something they aspire to do can get through without tearing up.

Personally, my all-time favorite is is the Pepsi commercials with the Coke driver. The one in the diner where him and the Pepsi driver exchange wares and end up in a brawl because the Coke driver won't give the Pepsi back is great, but the followup with the Coke driver trying to snitch a Pepsi from the fully stocked cooler, only to have the shelf of the cooler break, vomiting cases of Pepsi cans onto the floor is absolutely hysterical.

Redbaron - Just for you friend

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Too powerfull for me.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Actually CC, it's not the government.

It's a complex agreement between the union who represents the actors and voice artists and the ad industry in which viewing of ads outside of specified market areas bring HUGE royalty payments to the actors and artists...so you get Canadian commercials to avoid that payment.
Yup it is called the CRTC they are the ones calling the shots

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Maybe it's just my demented mind but my favorite Bud commercial is the "streaker"

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Whiskerfish wrote:
Too powerfull for me.
Sorta' hits you right in the middle of the chest, eh Whiskerfish?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

I liked the one where the guy has chimps working on his car..."grease monkeys" he called them!:dude:

In my opinion, you can't go wrong having chimpazees in a commercial.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Thank you Mike I appricate that... I watched the BBQ one and laughted till the tears rolled then watch that 9-11 one and well the tears are still there ..Powerful Very Powerful....I added them to my favorites......Lest we forget.....

Claude.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.