Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My local Walmart in NW Iowa no longer stocks ST7317 oil filters and can not give me any reasonwhy. I haven't been to the larger cities to see if their stores stock them.Is anyone else having aproblem finding this filter? I would appreciate suggestions if this filter is no longer available. Thanks

Tom/

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

The most of us on here using Walmart Filters for the 1500, use ST 6607.

No problem getting these.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yep

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Haven't had a problem yet. But I'll look this weekend, when we go to Wally-World. I know the smaller one we go to don't carry many filters except some of the most popular ones for cages, but the larger one we go to have always had them. I have a couple in stock at the house for now, but I might pick up a couple of more.:shock:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Same here, never had a problem getting the ST6607 and I do need to pick up a couple more.....

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

My personal theory -- there are some stores around here that are REALLY stepping back the automotive and "camping" content -- These were the first stores to reduce the assortment of oils and filters (beginning about 8-months ago here)... Other stores in this area seem to be the acknowledged "super stores" and are staying with the full line.

My closest stores both dropped the 7317 right away, but did keep the smaller 6607 filter on the shelf. These stores also stopped carrying several of the gallon-jug sized oils (ie Rotella's 15/40 blue-jug and other)...

I was up the road at one of the stores that carry all the jugs just this past weekend and was buying a few 7317s for the shelf. Didn' seem to be out of the ordinary at all, but I'll have to go visit in a week or so to see if they've restocked.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I use the Walmart filters on my cars, but for bikes I get the Emgo filters from denniskirk.com. About the same price, and work fine. And with 7 bikes, I can order just enough in oil filters to get free shipping. I use Walmart ST 20w50 oil in all but one of my bikes, the 500 Ninja. It gets revved to redline quite often, so I put Mobil 1 20w50 in it.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Bought two 7317s yesterday at the local Wally World. I hope we don't run into that issue here. I like to run the biggest oil filter that will fit - and this one fits the GL1500, CB1000F, and Mrs. W#1's Vulcan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.