Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Sometimes when I first pull out of the garage, I think I feel my front end "wobble" very slightly. It never does it again the rest of the day and sometimes it never does it. Is this an imperfection in the road I am feeling or is there a wobble issue on the 1100? How many 1100ridersuse a brace?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

i do not have a brace on my 1100 but i would like too, going to be rebuilding my forks and going with progressive springs, the brace will be my next purchase

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

My 1980 GL1100 does the same thing, even worse since I put the Dunlop 404 tires on it. They do make an aftermarket brace, and the last time I checked, the price for a new one was $175.00. On this model, they did not come with one on the GL1100's.
I don't know about the others. That is why I guess the price is so high. For an 81, it is only $85.00, if I remember correctly. I got these prices from a Motorcycle Shop in Boaz, Alabama 2 months ago. If you need the phone number, I can find it, but it may take a day or two. Just PM me.
Good Luck,
Nightrider

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

I think all 1980-1982 1100's use the same fork brace. The "Superbrace" fork brace retails for $166.

The 1983 1100's use a less expensive brace, similar to the one used on the 1200's.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

JIMBO I ride an 82 GW Interstate. I have a 2212 model fork brace on it and have NEVER felt a wobble of any kind. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:The '83 is the only GL1100 that came stock with a fork brace.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I bought mine on Flea Bay and got it for a LOT less that what you are seeing here. I also added the progressive springs and am very happy with the more stable rioe.

:clapper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.