Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been looking at the Progressive suspension package and wanted to ask a question and get a few opinions.

Is this suspension package (Rear Shocks and Front Fork Springs) far superior to the stock set up?

Reason I am asking is that I am a good sized guy. (320) The bike does ok when I am on it alone but when the wife is on back, the suspension seems to be a little lacking. I have fiddled around with the air but it still just doesn't feel good. I installed the trunk relocation kit and this sets the trunk back about 2" and consequentially the wife sits back further. Just seemslike the front end is very light with both of us on.

Would an investment in theProgressive Suspension (mainly the rear shocks) help?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The Progressives are miles better than stock ones Chris. For a person 100lbs lighter than you the Progressives might be a bit hard, but I think for you they will be perfect.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

I am partial to the progeressive stock rebuild kit. I did that on my 1100, after about 150,000 miles on them they were getting beat so I installed new progressive replacement air shocks. Since the bike had over 200,000 miles on it at that point it could have been frame fatigue but the replacement shocks didn't seem to do any better than the ones they replaced.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The Progressive 416s are definitely better on my 1500 than the OEM units. The springs are stiffer for one thing and you can get them in three different stiffnesses. I have the mid-range springs. The woman who hangs around here and I don't have much room between us (alas!) and we exceed the maximum rated load on the bike but we didn't have any problem with either our 1200 or the 1500. I don't know about moving the box back, with a max load on the bike it might cause the CG to be back far enough for stability issues to surface.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Go for the Progressives Chris, they are a good investment and the bike will handle miles better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.