Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Been thinking how nice it would be to have speedo that reads in my language.
Since there are so few old Goldwings in Australia I am thinking that we may need to swap it out for another model that is the same size and color as the current one.

Will any Honda speedo thats in Kilometers work in my 82 Aspencade?

Im worried that the cable sender on the front wheel ratio will be wrong?

Will I have to change the cable inner and or outer as well?

Also looking at fitting an electronic trip computer, anyone seen one that will fit the 'Wing and gives economy information (distance to empty, average economy etc)??

Thanks for your collective wisdom.

Ben.

P.S Yeah, I know, I COULD convert miles to K's in my head, but my maths is hopeless. Reading the thing is pretty hard at night, we have 40kph, 50kph, 60kph, 70kph, 80kph, 90kph, 100kph and 110kph speed zones down under and they enforce it to within 3%, so near enough is not good enough if you want to keep your licence here! (Its mainly done with speed cameras, so you dont know until 3 weeks later when you get the fine in the mail). And the main problem is doing all the conversions at the pump for the trip log.......

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Hi Ben dont think you can change it with any old speedo, perhaps you get a gps such as Garmin Steetpilot this gives you avery accurate speed readout. Unless you have a speedo that fits and can get someone to ride with you on another bike to check the speedo readings .GOOD DAY SHREKsnr

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Ben, just buy a used speedo with mph off ebay. The wheel sender is the same on both types.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Eamonn is correct, the senders are identical for mph & kph, you just need the clocks. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

My '85 Aspencade has the trip 'puter with the option of km/h or MPH. As a matter of fact, the other day I had my bride on the back and had switched over to km/h which increased the numbers, but not the actual speed of course. She glanced over my shoulder then immediately wanted me to slow down as she thought it displayed a speed of about 50 MPH over the limit. She didn't quite appreciate my humor for a minute...

Ruaidh

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I really miss the trip computer, having the oil temp and pressure gauge was nice too.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
Ben, just buy a used speedo with mph off ebay. The wheel sender is the same on both types.
Eamonn is right, you only need a a used 1100 speedo, your own sender will do fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.