Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goldennative
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 1992 Goldwing. Ran briefly after carb cleaning, then no start. Carb diaphragms stiff. Ebay has most slides reasonable except for 1992. So, what other carb can I buy, from what year, that will safely and properly interchange? Most used carbs I found were cheaper, in most cases, than just new slides.

·
Administrator
24,672 Posts
Any 90 - 2000 should work.

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
Bought 1992 Goldwing. Ran briefly after carb cleaning, then no start. Carb diaphragms stiff. Ebay has most slides reasonable except for 1992. So, what other carb can I buy, from what year, that will safely and properly interchange? Most used carbs I found were cheaper, in most cases, than just new slides.
Even if the slides don't move and diaphragms are hard it should still start and run some on the low speed circuit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it's the Carb's you can pour gas in the barrels and it should fire. I'm with Redwing it should run on slow speed jet's if everything is right. We started my bike with the carb's just sitting on the intake. If you buy Diaphragm's I would recommend OEM Honda. $100 each. Replace both and you won't have to do it again. The after market stuff is not the same quality, ask how I know. OEM Honda always works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts