Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just changed my "93" motor with a "96" motor and the 96 doesn't have the 2 extra coolant line running to the water pump, is this OK? Also the 96 has a short hose(1) coming out just below the right radiator with no apparent destination, any ideas? Do I plug this shorty and try the motor, it looks like possibly a coolant line.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

i forget what those are for but youll get your answer soon....i know the w-pumps are different for 94 up ...i think....i got one on ebay long time ago for my 91..and did not know this then....that it would not fit

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

You need to plug one of the extra coolant hoses on your 93 if you are o use the newer pump.
The short hose could be just an overflow, at a guess.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The 96 motor is in the bike. It is the one that DOESN'T have the extra cooling lines coming from the waterpump. The 93 motor had 2 hose fittings coming from the waterpump and the 96 doesn't have them. It looks like they run up to the intake man. for cooling, did the 96 change the way it's cooled? The 93 was the motor that was in the bike when I bought it, even though the bike is a 94. Any help would be great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.