Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am getting ready to install my new u joint finally and I need some info on torqueing the swing arm pivot bolts. I have read the manual and see that there are different values for the right side and left. I wonder how I can get a torque reading or i.e. "just make it tight so it wont loosen up" setting on the lock nut that locks in the left side pivot bolt?? I know it calls for 14 lb ft for the bolt on that side. Tightening the right side first with 72 lb ft. I have made a home made spanner wrench to loosen it and now I wonder how tight I need it to be when setting the left side up? I will be holding the 17mm pivot bolt at 14 lb ft and tightening the lock with my home made spanner. Any suggestions would be sweet. It's been 4 weeks since my 15 hun has been down and it is driving me crazy. Oh by the way is 12 lb inch the same as 1 lb ft? My 1/2 drive torque wrench doesnt go down to 14. But my 3/8 drive only has lb inches on it. I need to convert the smaller so I can do the smaller tightening jobs. Thanks to all you Wingers..... Ride On

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

...ok, swingarm should be able to move move up and down easliy, so don´t overtorque the inside bolt. But the locknut has to be tight, I just "torqued" by feel...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.