Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a way to remove the swing arm in an 85 Aspy without the Honda swingarm pivot lock nut wrench talked about in the clymer manual.Thanks

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

I used a cold chisel and a hammer to remove the nuts. Not the best way to do it and you will need a tool to replace the nut. But at leats with the nut on the bench it makes it much easier to make a tool for replacing them.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

I made a simple tool from a large socket, cut to leave two tangs, you could make it with four tangs but why over complicate things. Using an old socket, dosn't matter if it's metric, imperial or whatever as you have to narrow the tangs to fit anyway, allows the use of a torque wrench when tightening

Attachments

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks JOHNO with the help from a friend I made a tool similar to your 's with four tangs worked like a dream.Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

I used a 1 1/8" 12 point master mechanic socket. I used a bench grinder to grind four equally distributed grooves and dressed them square with a good hacksaw blade. Costs $3.70 with tax, Labor 10 min. Works great on my 81 gl1100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.