Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased sight unseen a used stock sized replacement Slip Streamer windshield. When I unpacked it I noticed it has a bunch of swirl marks. It's not clear like my current windshield.

Does anyone have a good method of cleaning that up?

Thank you!

·
Registered
312 Posts
First try Lemon Pledge, using long vertical swipes. See if that fills them in.

You don't want to use harsh chemicals or abrasive polishes if you can diminish them with a simple wax.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Novus Plastic Polish is your friend when you find that the spray on cleaners products leave you wanting more.

I have successfully used it on my 16 year old Tulsa Windshield. I was going to replace the windshield because my 210 polish was not cleaning it up like I wanted it to. Novus made it look new again.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Funny enough, I've tried Novus several times and never had any luck with it. I have all three levels of polish and the special buffer, but never got the results I wanted with it.

·
Trike Master
1,233 Posts
Funny enough, I've tried Plexus several times and never had any luck with it. I have all three levels of polish and the special buffer, but never got the results I wanted with it.
Depending on how bad the scratches are, it can take a lot of effort to polish. What brand of shield were you trying to polish?

·
Registered
312 Posts
As I recall, I tried it on the back window of a convertible Porsche 968 and on several windshields on snowmobiles and motorcycles, and also the instrument panel of a jet ski and my GL 1800. Pretty much useless as far as I could tell, unless it takes hours, and I'm just not that patient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies all! I'll give the Pledge a shot first, it's cheap and plentiful. If that doesn't work well enough I'll give Plexus a shot. The windshield was cheap enough to warrant a few bucks trying to fix it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I need to edit my post - I have never tried Plexus. It is Novus that I've tried several times with no results.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Used them all, no difference.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Try some headlight cleaner that also clears up the lens. I have been using this and it clears up the windshield on my'04 GL1800 real nice. I don't know if I would use the lemon Pledge. I use the orange Pledge when on the road for the windshield and it clears it up real good. I have heard that the lemon Pledge will cause the swirl in a motorcycle windshield so I don't use it. As far as I know the orange does not have citrus in it. Been using it on 3 Goldwings and it works good.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm pretty sure nothing SC Johnson makes has anything remotely natural in it, lemon, orange (which is citrus), or otherwise. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts