Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 Goldwing trike because of my age. How many of you switch back & forth from the trike, to a 2 wheel?
Do you have any problems going back & forth between the two? I raced automobiles for 38 years ran equipment& drove truck and felt I can adapt to anything.
This seems to be a little different. The only reasons I switched is I had trouble wheeling the heavy bike. My wife did not like getting on and off the 2 wheel. She jumps on and off the trike with no trouble Thanks for you feelings on this!
Bart & Sue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a 2006 GW with a Tilting Motor Works trike kit. Like you I wanted a trike for age (mine) and wife reasons. Didn't want the handling of a snowmobile so I went with a leaning trike.

Am in the process of transitioning from a standard VTX 1300. It is really hard since the TMW is a trike at slow speeds, but a normal bike above 7mph. The transition is gonna kill me if I don't get the hang of it soon. Don't mind saying that this thing scares me.

Still riding the VTX, but know that eventually it will be too much for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
About a year-and-a-half ago I rode from New York to Alabama and traded in my 2012 GW for a 2013 GW with a CSC trike. The main reason was to make my wife feel safer on our cross country trips. That being said...I still wanted a two wheel ride. A month later I picked up a 2004 VTX1300C and had a blast riding it. About a month ago I was looking at bikes on the internet and saw a beautiful 2014 Honda Valkyrie. I knew I had to have it. I drove 3 hours to Connecticut and trailered it back. I can’t wait to really give it a ride.
The trike is fun and we definitely feel a bit safer on it, but I’m glad to still have two wheels as well.
On a side note...on my ride back to NY with the trike, for the first hundred miles I thought I had made a big mistake. Once I became accustomed to the feel of it, it’s been smooth sailing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About a year-and-a-half ago I rode from New York to Alabama and traded in my 2012 GW for a 2013 GW with a CSC trike. The main reason was to make my wife feel safer on our cross country trips. That being said...I still wanted a two wheel ride. A month later I picked up a 2004 VTX1300C and had a blast riding it. About a month ago I was looking at bikes on the internet and saw a beautiful 2014 Honda Valkyrie. I knew I had to have it. I drove 3 hours to Connecticut and trailered it back. I can’t wait to really give it a ride.
The trike is fun and we definitely feel a bit safer on it, but I’m glad to still have two wheels as well.
On a side note...on my ride back to NY with the trike, for the first hundred miles I thought I had made a big mistake. Once I became accustomed to the feel of it, it’s been smooth sailing.
How old are you and do you have trouble switching back & forth? Thanks, Bart

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
4 mo ago I bought a trike to make my wife happy, for long time she had asked me to convert my gl1500 '93 to trike for safety reasons, she hasn't ride for the last 13 years.
A month ago a took my bike for a ride and felt very confortable and happy with it.
FYI I'm only 18 yo with 60 ys. of experience (they add up to)
Mario.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 84 years old. Had many 2 wheelers. Even a Suz Bergman, and Ural side car. Just got 1996 Goldwing Trike day after Christmas. Finally got it home Mar. 3. 1st Trike. put 75 miles on that day. Whole new ball game to me. So far so good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 84 years old. Had many 2 wheelers. Even a Suz Bergman, and Ural side car. Just got 1996 Goldwing Trike day after Christmas. Finally got it home Mar. 3. 1st Trike. put 75 miles on that day. Whole new ball game to me. So far so good.
Thanks for the info, good luck, people told me I was crazy should get this out of my head at my age!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 mo ago I bought a trike to make my wife happy, for long time she had asked me to convert my gl1500 '93 to trike for safety reasons, she hasn't ride for the last 13 years.
A month ago a took my bike for a ride and felt very confortable and happy with it.
FYI I'm only 18 yo with 60 ys. of experience (they add up to)
Mario.
Who did your conversion?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who did your conversion?
It is a Motortrike 2002 Converted when new. Always been used as a trike. excellent condition. I took my 1980 GW for a short ride today and I still feel sad! It had 8,000 miles on it when I bought it in 1988.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts