Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was getting a gas smell from my 1500. So I pulled the carbs and found I had a bowl leak bad gasket. So I changed it reinstalled and now it start idles and revs good. But when i took it out on the road it stumbled and did under load. I was wondering if I needed to synce them even though i did take completely apart? I also hear more of a vacuum sound from the carbs. I checked all hose and could not find and disconnected ones. Im hoping all ii need is a sync. It ran like a champ before pulling them. HELP!!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

I think that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to synchronise the carbs after having them off? But someone with more experience will give their inputs soon....

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi if you can hear air being sucked some were its not right it can be a number of things the air filter notseated properly or the top plate on the carbs is out of line and is sucking air stright down the barrel of the carbs bypassing the filter after youtake the carbs apart you have to sync them its possable this is your prob but you need to go back and check every thing again sorry for the bad news

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Yes, like he said.

Find the vacuum leak first

Anytime the carb comes apart, it needs to be synced.

Sync will not helpthe carb performance at higher engine speeds and loads. It is an adjustment to the low idle circuit.

Find that leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.