Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have looked but I can not find the adjustment screw for the side to side sync. One poster said it was behind #3 and another behind #4. The only screw I see is the idle adjustment which is at the end of linkage at #4. a big slotted head screw. I'm at a loss as to where this screw is. I have adjusted 2-to #4 base and #1-3. They are within one measurment of each other. I still have a miss on the right side and so far have found no vacuum leaks. Can someone be more explicit as to where this side adjustment screw is. I hate to be such a pain, but maybe my old eyes are deceiving me. Thanks.

oldmanonavtx

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

It's been a while but it seems to me that on one of the back carbs, there is no adjustment screw and the other 3 carbs are set to that one. These are not like the 1100's. So use the carb with no screw as your "master" setting. Someone will be along if I'm not remembering right. There is also no locknut, just a screw with a spring behind it. Paul

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

its behind the chrome cover on #3 carb. You can access it through the hole in the chromecover. JB

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Okay. After a cold one I think I have figured out what I am doing wrong. On the 1200 #4 is base. Adjust #2 to #4. On the right side adjust #1 to #3. Adjust #3 to match #4.
Now this makes #3, #4 and #2 a match. Then if #1 dosen't match #3 adjust #1 again to have all four a match. Is this how its done? I hope so, or else I have been looking for something that does not exist on this GW. Whew me. One more cold one. Maybe I have been reading everything bass akerds. Thanks

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

That sounds right. You adjust the 3 carbs with screws to the base carb with no screw. There is no left bank to right bank adjustment on the 1200, just adjust the 3 to the base carb. You may need to tweek the idle adjustment screw a few times. This is the screw in the back center of the carbs with a long screwdriver. I set my idle at 1000 rpm's with engine warm. You're close now! Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.