Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Am getting ready to change brake and clutch fluid. Was in Autozone and saw the valvoline synthetic Dot 3/ 4 Brake fluid. Has anyone used this yet? Since it is rated for both, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I've got it in a GL1200, GL1500, Cummins Ram, and Jeep Wrangler. Works fine. It's completely clear, though - sometimes tough to see in a sightglass.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
imported post

I've used it on my Hurricane, with no problems. It has a higher rated boiling temperture.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Did the exact same thing last week. Called Valvoline's help line number and they told me, ALL brake fluids are now synthetic. Put it in my '99 1500 and took it for a ride today. Made it back just fine. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
68,396 Posts
imported post

I added it to my clutch reservoir about 500 miles ago and it's working fine..........

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
I added it to my clutch reservoir about 500 miles ago and it's working fine..........
I'm with Foodman. Been using it in the bikes without problem.

The Jaguars get only Castrol GTLMA DOT4.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Thanks guys, I am now changing the fluids out. I have finished the front brake and the front brake pedal. Still have the rear brake and the clutch fluid to do. So far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.