Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I read this month's Wing World, from the GWRRA that some synthetic oils comply with Honda's recommendations.

Mobil 1 in 10w40 [or higher] viscosity and Shell's [Rotella] new 5w40 synthetic has recently passed JASO MA testing.

Both were stated as fine for the 1500s & 1800s.

These two synthetics were given as examples that comply with Honda's recommendations, there are probably others. Nothing was really stated about oil/filter change intervals, but it would certainly be 'by the book' during the warranty.

I use oil myself, but thought it interesting to see something official, in writing,on this subject.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Popeye, thanks for the info. I'm preparing for my first oil change, bought Honda filters yesterday at the dealer for $15 each....have been trying to decided on which oil to go with.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

With Popeye's post, I think I'm finially convinced that Mobil 1 syn is my next choice of oil. I use it in my ohter vehicles, just needed an official nudge.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Popeye, thanks for the info. I'm preparing for my first oil change, bought Honda filters yesterday at the dealer for $15 each....have been trying to decided on which oil to go with.
Filters are possibly cheaper at HondaDirectLine :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
If you plan ahead a bit, places like chrome world and others have OEM Honda filters 5 for $25 dollars. Purchase them when you order a tire or other something and even shipping can be free if you order enough at one time.

Even with shipping it is cheaper. I went to our local stealer a couple weeks ago , was going to get a filter and they quoted me 17 dollars for one, I never said another word to them, just smiled and walked away. I noticed they wanted $12.87 a quart for oil.
Funny thing about that dealer, I was there today , the first day after the weekend they are open and I was the only one there. Not much going on at that place. But they are the only ones for the area. Looks kinda vacant around there though.

Kit

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

I just use the walmart model of filter myself.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Hey Globetrotter, thanks for the HondaDirectLine suggestion. I see they sell them for less than half what I paid when purchasing a quantity of ten.....and I like have extras of needed items on the shelf.

Appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.