Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 76gl1000 and am having trouble getting my tach cable to insert in the fuel pump all the way. With the pump off i got it to go in no problem. But installed it wont go in. I broke the stem when trying to force it in and had to replace fuel pump so i dont want that to happen again. Tach works fine with cable just resting in hole but without it slipping all the way in it leaks a little oil around it. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Place your kill switch in the off position and crank the engine while holding moderate pressure on the cable housing. When it gets in allignment you should feel it slide into position.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I will give it a try in after a bit as christmas shopping has priority (at least my wife says it does) so i will let you know if it works later today.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I just got done with my tack cable on my 1980 GL1100. I done the same thing. After about 2 rounds, it fit right in, but I had to pull the cable out about 1 inch so it would freespin, then I used my fingers to twist the cable down iito place. Then I screwed it into my tachometer.Seems to work ok. Can this leak oil'?

My original cable broke, and I had one that did not have the end that went into the tack, andI took the one off of the broken tack cable, and put in on and crimped it. (I only had electrical crimpers though ) So far, it seems to works fine. I will eventually have to but a cable. The one without an end come off of an interstate, andI put it on a standard.

Nightrider1

Whiskerfish wrote:

Place your kill switch in the off position and crank the engine while holding moderate pressure on the cable housing. When it gets in allignment you should feel it slide into position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.