Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

dummy here, needing to know if i get a salvaged titled bike can it be tagged, inspected and ridden? maybe i can keep it and not sell:cheeky1:

thank you,

mark:waving:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

In a lot of states, yes you can tag it, you'll receive a salvage title for it. Should've posted this in the General Motorcycle discussion forum thread though.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
In a lot of states, yes you can tag it, you'll receive a salvage title for it. Should've posted this in the General Motorcycle discussion forum thread though.
my bad..:cheeky1:

thank you

mark:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

My '86 SEI had a salvage title. It had Oregon tags on it when I got it. Changed the tags to Washington with no problem. Depends on the state but I think most of them will title a salvaged bike. Your state may require an inspection but Washington didn't.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Most places would require a safety inspection for the first time titled as a salvage vehicle... after that nothing different than any other vehicle... I've had several salvage vehicles (not motorcycles) and it was extremely easy... (and sometimes it slips through the cracks and you get an unblemished title by mistake)

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
imported post

Check your local DMV. I found a great deal on a 1200 a couple of years ago. Bike had salvage/rebuilt title from another state. It was going to cost me about $1500 to get another salvage title for Illinois. Then it would still be tagged as salvage. Not sure what problems that would cause when I went to sell it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ah well, it was Illinois after all.:cooldevil:perhaps a $20 to theDMV clerk might have reduced the price.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.