Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a burnt out tail light bulb in the trunk of my 08 1800. There are 3 acorn nuts and 3 large flange phillips head fasteners. Which 3 need to come out to do the change?

From reading the online posts it seems the acorn nuts need to be removed, but there are numerous references to the fact that the posts holding them strip or break easily.

So what are the 3 phillips head screws for?

And while I am here does anyone know of a replacement high output LED bulb for the trunk lights? One that simply twists in without having to modify the bulb or fixture.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You need to remove the three acorn nuts. Unfortunately, some have been known to break their moorings in the plastic. If that should happen, you will just have to deal with it. The phillips screws hold that piece of trim on that goes around the trunk. If you decide to change out the incandescents for LED's you will want tower type lamps to get as much light in the housing as possible to make best use of the reflector. I changed out the running/brake lights on my '04 several years ago. One recommendation I would make is measure the hole and how much depth you have available for the tower. I discovered that some of them just wouldn't fit in the trunk lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.