Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My turn signals suddenly quit working last night. Now, both dash indicator lights are glowing dimly all the time, and nothing occurs when I use the turn signal.

The front signal amber lights are glowing strong, but do not flicker when the turn signal lever is engaged. None of the rear red lights do anymore than glow dimly, ever, but the rear amber lights are lit about half until the brake pedal or handle is engaged, and then the rear amber lights glow brighter, as well as the dash indicator lights.

I need some help about where to START lookin... Thanks for any advice. James

·
Administrator
26,992 Posts
imported post

This has been a plague lately, though not on 1800s but you have lost ground connection to the rear lights probably. My manual doesn't give specific location for connectors or I could probably pinpoint it for you. Somewhere under the seat would be my best guess. Pull the connectors apart and look for pushed out or corroded pins.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

I agree with Dave its a ground. Try and run a jumper from your worst light to a good solid ground as a test.You will have to do a check and elimination process.Good luck. also check your flasher.:0)

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

grounding is the first stop to make on these wings , went thru the same thing on mine , ended up running 2 new grounds to my turns and tails

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for all your input. We'll get to the bottom of the problem Friday! James

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

I had almost the same problem last week on my 1500. Except it only happened in gear. Under the seat on a 1500 are two plastic cases with plugs in each. One is blue and I think the other is yellow. My blue plug had a burnt ground wire affecting the wire next to it. Dave0430 called it almost to a tee for me,1000 miles away. Take a look. John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.