Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When I put on the brakes, the brake lights in the trunk light up then start flashing. I just bought the motorcycle and just glanced when I was checking if they worked. I can hear a relay driving the flashing, is that a modulator ckt of some kind a previous owner installed? I need to remove it if it is because it seems to be malfunctioning, it's not flashing all lights, after it flashes all once only the right side flashes making it look like I'm making a right turn when I'm just braking.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

you have a brake modulator in there. Peek around the wiring and it should be pretty visible...probably a black box that will have a brand name on it. I'd look under the false tank. Directions say "Easy Installation: Simply install the BackOFF-MC module in line with your brake light wire between your brake light switch and your brake light." Looks something like this...

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

It might be under the seat, under the trunk. keep looking as its up to the guy who installed it where to put it.

·
Rider
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I fixed what was making my lights flash. I looked all over that bike to find what was making the lights flash, I couldn't find anything that looked like a modulator module. I had almost every piece of tupperware off that silly thing, couldn't find it anywhere and it was driving me up the wall.

I took a step back, regrouped, and started again.I could hear a blinker can ticking near the back of the bike so I took the lower trunk cover off and there it was, a blinker can. The previous owner spliceda blinker can into the trunk lights and hid it back there. I took it out, repaired the wiring, all the brake lights work like they are supposed to now, what a relief.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.