Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 gl1500I, roadsmith trike, left brake light is displaynig brake, and right side has tail light, when the ign. key is turned on. operating brake lever ad pedal no help.any ideas. yhanks leon

·
Administrator
21,945 Posts
First, make sure the bulbs are the correct ones, the same and correctly installed.

If all that is good, look for corrosion in the sockets.

Then look for exposed wires touching each other or a grounded surface.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
put new 1157 sylvania bulbs .i know if you do't twist the bulb all theway, both are hot displaying the brake.
will check it again. thankslb

·
Administrator
57,944 Posts
I suspect a loose ground might be in play.

also, corrosion is a major player in this type of problem.

I would pull all the bulbs, and squirt Electronic Cleaner into the sockets, and scrub with a small wire pencil type brush to remove anything that don't belong there.
then spray it out liberally to remove any debris.

New bulbs for sure, that way the contacts are clean and bright.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
“fixed, bulb i backwards. lb just sayin”

Bayonet pins on a 1157 are not at the same elevation. One is higher than the other. There is only one way to lock them in. You can stick the bulb in reversed but it will not turn to lock. Glad you were able to fix it.

·
Administrator
21,945 Posts
“fixed, bulb i backwards. lb just sayin”

Bayonet pins on a 1157 are not at the same elevation. One is higher than the other. There is only one way to lock them in. You can stick the bulb in reversed but it will not turn to lock. Glad you were able to fix it.

Yet people still manage to get them in backwards. I've seen it several times over the years. That is why it was my first directive in post 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts