·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Tried the link all I get are cars driving in snow ....

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

If this was a clip of the dragon then somebody left the lens cover on.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Buncha kids doing donuts! Wow! You're gonna have to try that one again.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

whats all the fuss about ....DRAGON? this looks more like a snail compared to some of the twists and turns we have here in Ireland ,,,take a trip around wicklow ,the burren,or Co donegal ,,in fact take a trip in almost any county in Ireland if you want some real twistys ,,,You almost meet yourself on some of the bends over here ,,this DRAGON is only ***** footing :):)...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

I trust the guy was wearing his steel flat track shoes, or was all that scraping noise from his beloved wing ??????? :action: :doh: :gunhead:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Try riding down from Paradise on Mt. Rainier, lots of hairpins and a steep downgrade to go with it. I wonder how long a set of brake pads last for that guy.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
whats all the fuss about ....DRAGON? this looks more like a snail compared to some of the twists and turns we have here in Ireland ,,,take a trip around wicklow ,the burren,or Co donegal ,,in fact take a trip in almost any county in Ireland if you want some real twistys ,,,You almost meet yourself on some of the bends over here ,,this DRAGON is only p***y footing :):)...cheers Ciaran
Actually the video does tame the dragon some what. Since the camera is fixed to a bike you can not get asense for the elevation changes. The curves look to be two dimensional and they are not. The Dragon starts on one side of the mountain and ends on the other. I wouldlove to be able to compare them to your local roads. Some day maybe I can do that. When I last rode the Dragon I was dragging a trailer and it was towards the end of a 900 mile trip to the east coast. It was a fine finish to the day.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I like the knee down, off the seat style of riding...

Reminds me of the FZR.

But not on my Wing.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Hey Tony, when did your turn Guru? Congratulations, but just wait until Redwing finds out. :gunner:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

The "Tail of the Dragon" is located south of Maryville, TN.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

John Hjorth wrote:
The "Tail of the Dragon" is located south of Maryville, TN.

To ride it is to enjoy it. If you get the chance" DO IT". You will not regret it. I found it by accident (another great choice of words) and enjoyed it but did not realizeit was The"Tail of the Dragon" until I met some other bikers at a gas stop.:dance:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've got to find a higher place to hang my gremlin bell, the thing is getting kinda ground down. Somewhere on the centerline ought to work since that wouldn't get too close to the road on turns.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Hi all,

A friend of mine told me that had to get rest after seeing the putfile things, he was getting motion sick :D

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Hi all,

And I sent my friend this :

Jack,

If You need it on Your computer, so that You're sure always to have it at Your fingertips when needed, i.e. when You wife is asking (or ordering) You to do something, and You would rather rest because You don't bother to do as asked or ordered, then :

Download DIVX from : http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/ (choose the free version)

Then download the file : http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=meandrick

- And if You wake up one morning feeling fine, but You don't bother going to work, then download the full screen version in MPEG format (28 Mb) (can be seen in Windows Media Player, and much better picture quality) via ftp from :

address = ftp://65.102.133.57/
user name = goldwing
password = gl1800,

or You can download directly from this URL :

http://www.normrichards.com/dragon.htm (but be patient doing this, it's a private server with only 896 Kb upload capacity)

then You can call in and say You're not coming on work today because You're sick without lying.

- - -

Actually I was so curious about those two Guys and found out that Yellow Wolf is riding in front, but Fuse is riding a yellow GW 1800 also (with the camera on). Thought they both were fighter pilots, perhaps even Top Gunners, throwing their Wings like this in the curves. So wondered what their occupations was, found out that Fuse is a Computer Geek (wonder if that has something to do with his handle) and that Yellow Wolf is a air conditioning technician. Personally I think a better handle for him would be "NO SWEAT".

Here we have Yellow Wolf, shot by a person not sweating taking the pic (by riding behind on a bike) :

Personally I'm not crazy about the yellow Wing, but this is some kind of cool. Please note the shirt - I guess Yellow Wolf didn't want to look messy when the picture was taken, so he cut off his sleeves, because of the holes on the elbows going thru curves like he do, but can't see any scrape marks or scrape bruces on his left elbow, perhaps he hasn't been riding for a while when the picture was taken, so they reached to heal up before getting bruced again. - I still think in any way that the handle "NO SWEAT" would fit him much better ...

- Actually, those two guys are quite famous for this on my side of the Atlantic, but they live on in happiness without even knowing it. - It´s spreading like a fire in San Francisco here in Europe for the moment - all news are "local news" because of the Internet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.