Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, I know everyone here likes pictures so I went up to Tim's and took some. Haven't had time to talk to him yet to get all the info on the bike so if anyone can identify it from these pics feel free to chime in. Cleaned out a spot for it in the shop this morning so I can get it home and strip it the rest of the way torestore it from the frame up. Looking forward to some relaxation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Im guessing 82 - 84, but based on the mirror style, tail pipes etc.. Im leaning toward it being an 84.

Looks like a decent little project bike. Does it run?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Looks like an 84-87 1200 Interstate

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Definitely a 1200, which makes it at least an '84, probably an Interstate from the dash.
"Looking forward to some relaxation" What makes you think that rebuilding an old motorcycle is relaxing? I've just about killed myself doing it. But of course, I'm doing it in 110 degree heat.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

love the jester giving the middle finger in the background.

priceless!:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks everyone for the input. Jerry, I have spent my whole life building stuff such as hot rods, muscle cars, race cars both circle and drags, heavy equipment trailers, extremely complicated show interiors, pulling tractors and trucks and two weeks ago I acquired the McCuthchen Tooling to build SC 427 Cobra Roadster replica's so rebuilding this bike will be a piece of cake. If I can't get it, I'll head to the right area of the shop to fab it and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
42,630 Posts
imported post

old kid wrote:
Thanks everyone for the input. Jerry, I have spent my whole life building stuff such as hot rods, muscle cars, race cars both circle and drags, heavy equipment trailers, extremely complicated show interiors, pulling tractors and trucks and two weeks ago I acquired the McCuthchen Tooling to build SC 427 Cobra Roadster replica's so rebuilding this bike will be a piece of cake. If I can't get it, I'll head to the right area of the shop to fab it and be done with it.
My all time favorite car. First thing on bucket list to buy if I ever hit the lottery. Good luck on the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Looks like it will be a little bit of a chore, but it sounds fun. I too find working on a hobby car/bike relaxing. Hope you have fun with it. Oh, and Erie CO is a great place. Been there a few times.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

well ya got your work cut out for ya ive rebuilt almost everything under the sun once or twice in fact

i thought fixing up a motorcycle would be a walk in the park..... and im here to tell ya boy was i ever so wrong ive worked on little dirt bikes on the farm for rounding up the cattle and all ya need is a spark plug lol and a wrench

but this old 1100 i got tested me time and time again i wish ya well and hope you have the patience of a saint as i do on this of this nature

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

old kid wrote:
I've also built a number of cars and car engines, including race cars (drag racing) never got into circle track. But I have found Japanese bikes to be a whole different thing. IF you can find all the parts you need, it's not hard. My problem has always been a lack of parts. And while I have the resources to fabricate some parts, there are many parts on a bike that are beyond my ability. With cars, you can just buy them. Anyway, best of luck with it, can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.