Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The "poster child" for my chosen charity has taken a rather sudden turn in her health.

How about send her a message?
Thanks in advance!!!

Robert

{this post has been edited to allow quicker return to disgronificator sensor discussions}

·
Administrator
25,559 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry but you didn't put in any info on who she is and how to send her a message.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Like Davogd430 said, let us know who she is and how to reach her Robert. We'd be glad to. This bunch always has a soft spot for anyone having a tough time.

Steve

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Be glad to help out anyone who says disgronificator. I know where you got that.:cooldevil:

Give us a name and link.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Okay, I have had a bad 2 months, I wont go into the particulars. The child is not served well by my pi$$y actions, please accept my apology. I was wrong, the silence just hit me at a rather inopportune moment, no excuse for my action. For a guy that considers himself smart, I can be quite dumb.

"Some history here, scroll down and read up.

http://www.caringbridge.org/ga/katiebaby/history.htm

Perhaps you can sign in with some encouragement.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katiebaby

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

No apology needed. She is an amazing child, and I pray she recovers soon.

Steve

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Message sent. The woman who hangs around here and I send our prayers as well.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Thanks y'all !!!

For any of you in the southeast US, they do have a charity road cycle event through the Georgia twisties with dual routes {sport tour and adv tour} http://www.dreamhouse500.com , ride includes lunch and dinner! They even have an offroad/MX event, but something tells me I am barking up the wrong tree here!

Of course, whenever someone brings up a charity, there is that question, where does the $$$ go? I have checked them out through the GA attorney general's website, they are good! Having been "had" at a charity event once, I check them out before involving myself. I'm not a rich guy, so when I decide to participate in a charity event, I want to be sure it is 1st rate.

Dream House has also been on ABC News and Newsweek. More info at http://www.dreamhouseforkids.org

Thanks again guys!
And sorry again too...

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Thanks y'all !!!

For any of you in the southeast US, they do have a charity road cycle event through the Georgia twisties with dual routes {sport tour and adv tour} http://www.dreamhouse500.com , ride includes lunch and dinner! They even have an offroad/MX event, but something tells me I am barking up the wrong tree here!

Of course, whenever someone brings up a charity, there is that question, where does the $$$ go? I have checked them out through the GA attorney general's website, they are good! Having been "had" at a charity event once, I check them out before involving myself. I'm not a rich guy, so when I decide to participate in a charity event, I want to be sure it is 1st rate.

Dream House has also been on ABC News and Newsweek. More info at http://www.dreamhouseforkids.org

Thanks again guys!
And sorry again too...
No need to be sorry!!!!:D

Will keep Katie in our prayers and thoughts and will check her site often.

The www.caringbridge.org is a wonderful charity site too. It sure has kept our family and friends up on little Rylan's progress. But that's a different thread. This threadis for Katie, (as it should be).

Don (Putt)

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

This story again shows the importance of every-one signing their organ donor card

HAVE YOU SIGNED YOURS????????

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
This story again shows the importance of every-one signing their organ donor card

HAVE YOU SIGNED YOURS????????
Yep, but the challenge is acceptance.

I was in Madrid last year and went to one of those mobile blood donor units. First refusal was for being british. ;) I explained that I had not been in the UK during the Mad Cow era. Then took my blood pressure. Second refusal as it was too high. We waited a few minutes and on the repeat got an acceptable. Then asked what medication I take. A slow smile of triumph crossed the doctor's face: as I was taking a combination drug for high blood pressure, they wouldn't go on. At least I got a sandwich out of it!

And I was told by my doctor that my parts will probably be worn out and useless ; but I keep my donor card anyway. :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Wow, what a response!!! Thanks y'all!!!

In the latest update, her kidneys are starting to respond. She isnt out of the woods yet, but things are looking up.

In that update, Laura asked if anyone would send Katie mail, a postcard or something, and that they will set up a world map with stickers to post where the mail came from. Tough to keep a kid occupied in a hospital setting...

Whatcha say, WingNuts? Can ya send this kid a postcard?

PS: Button Lady, I have family in your town!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Steady but slow improvement, might pull the respirator tube tomorrow...

quote from today's journal entry...
"I have started to read to Katie many of the notes that you all have sent her through this website. Her eyes always get so big when she hears how many people care and how far away some of you live. Thank you for what you are doing for her. She is encouraged and very grateful for your love and support."

C'mon y'all {that havent already}, take a minute and send her an email. Of course, you can send her another if you want!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.