Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:baffled:Anybody know a good Shipping agent to take a Wing to USA on Holiday, from either UK or Ireland? :)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

That would be like taking sand to the Sahara :D,,Why dont you rent one in the states ? You will have MAJOR problems at the american customs ,,it could take up to a week to get the bike past customs and another week to 10 days to get it through American customs on the way home ,,Do your sums on this one before you go ahead ,,it would even be cheaper to buy a wing out there and use it and sell it or ship it home ,,,Anyway in answer to your question ,,Give Greg at www.berklay.com or www.shipmybike.com it is the same company ,,it will cost you around $1250 US EACH WAY ,,tell him I sent you and he will look after you :waving:..cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There shouldn't be too much of customs problem if it was a US built Goldwing. I have imported a couple of Norwegian diesel engines that had US built accessories and didn't have to pay any duty on US origin parts. Wouldn't the bikes work the same way?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Give Greg a ring it will cost you around $1250 US EACH WAY ,,tell him I sent you and he will look after you
Hey Royce :waving: But it will still cost you $1250 each way. :crying: Hey some of these guys on the forum from the states will loan you their :18red:

:walker::18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I'm the shipping manager for my company, so I get to deal with this stuff ALL THE TIME! Trust me, it's not worth the bother. I know that there is nothing like riding your own machine, but with how complicated getting it into the States will be (thanks to the policies still in effect because of 9-11) you are looking at anything but a relaxing vacation. My suggestion is that you talk to a member near where you will be visiting, and have them locate a rental outlet to take care of you. If you would be coming to the Beautiful Northwest region of the USA, I could help you out, and point you to the best areas to check out. (Tour books are useless!)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

:DThanks for the information Guys. very useful.:clapper::clapper:
:clapper:
Royce

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

philcsandis right. I've heard some scary stories about this from relatives who brought vehicles over. In more than one case the bother was so much that they had their holiday and returned home to Europe and their vehicles were still wrapped in red tape over here. Better to hire one over here and if you are unfortunate enough to drop it or damage it the insurance will take care of it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.