Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I can't believe I'm actually getting a Goldwing!:bowing:

I had planned to wait 3 more years and get one when I retire. But the current discounts on new 2008 models, and the special financing from Honda (.99%) make this such an opportune time, I just can't find a good reason to pass it up!

I'm currently riding a 20-month old 2008 Harley Heritage. I've fallen for a new 2008 Wing with Audio, Comfort, Navi, and ABS in Pearl White. I'll ride the Harley about 115 miles to the dealer to trade it in, and ride the Wing back home!

Should pick up this Saturday, if not sooner! I'm so excited. How will I ever sleep til then? :banana:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I rode a Triumph till the little kids came. Bought a Shadow 1100 5 years ago, but my wife wanted to ride so she "suggested" I get a Wing. Same deal as you: last 2008 on the salesroom floor. Had audio, comfort, navi & abs (in black). Followed me home after a great discount and .99% finance. She loves it. Now she constantly asks me to go riding. OWWW! Guess somebody has to ride. Take care & great riding.

Bob ;)

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Awesome and welcome from Texas to the best Goldwing forum Linoz and Marco & Polo, lotsa good folks and info here

Enjoy.............

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome and Hello linoz and Marco&Polo . linoz ,its going to be a long week . I hope you have a bottle of sleeping pills :cheeky1:

Marco&Polo I guess you already know ,if momas happy ,everybody is happy:).

Wishing all of you folks many years of happy riding on the new wings in your lives.:action:ride often .

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new ride! Great choice of color too! :action:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well, I did it! I rode my Harley about 115 miles to a dealer in Lakeland and traded it in. It had started raining as I left home. My fuel light was on. The gas pump wasn't working. Went to another station, and it was closed!

It gets worse! Finally got gas, and hit the Interstate for about 20 miles before heading west. The rain wasn't too bad until the last mile on the Interstate, and then it was a deluge. No place to hide, and visibility was terrible. Needless to say, I was soaked all the way down to the socks in my boots.

But I could see it clearing to the west, and sure enough, within minutes I was out of the rain. Pulled over and literally had to wring out my socks and boot liners! Then the wind and heat dried me out as I went along. However, the last 10 minutes of the trip, it began to rain again, and I arrived at the dealer soaked again!

Everything was prearranged at the dealer, so that was a snap. It rained really hard while I was there, but then began slowly to subside. And the dealer needed to close! So I set out in light rain, and it rained lightly most of the way back home.

But I didn't get nearly as wet as I did on that Harley. And I couldn't resist switching on the navi, the radio, and the cruise. What a difference in comfort! Despite the adverse conditions, it was truly a joy to be riding! And not nearly as tiring! Can't believe all the bugs I picked up, though. First job for tomorrow will be to clean up the mess!

Thanks, everybody, for the great information available in this forum. It has made my move into the Wing world a much easier and more enjoyable experience.

It's still hard to believe! I'm actually the owner of a new 2008 Audio, Comfort, Navi, ABS in Pearl White! I'll try to get a pic up soon.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Outstanding. Glad your enjoying your new ride already. It is truly an awesome machine. Ride safe. :action:

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

WhooHooo :clapper:scrub them bugs and :action:ride on so you can srcub again.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Congratulations linoz :waving:

:12red::cool:
Dean

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I love the 1800 in white! Congradulations!

Bernie

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Isn't it amazing how wet you don't get while riding a wing. Wonderful isn't it? Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

Well done Linoz, good purchase. What rain in Lakeland? never!!

rode through on Sunday on I4 about 40 mile of torrential rain 25 mph with hazzard flashers going all the way, still drying out.

Ali

·
Just one of the guys
4,814 Posts
imported post

2 Words.

Congratulations

PICTURES

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

DROOOOOLL !!!!!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Crongrats Linoz! You're going to love it more everyday! Ride safe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.