Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday morning I got up made my first cup of coffee, took my meds, nuked me a breakfast biscuit.....Sat down at my desk to see what I missed over night...All went well until I tried to open the internet....I got nothing !!!!! One Skype call later and I have Bagmaster running my computer by remote....He can't find nothing wrong with my computer....So next thing is to call the wife and see if she has paid our Comcast bill, yes she has and would I mind doing a couple of "Honey do's"..No problem....So now I call Comcast to see if my bill had been paid, it was...So now the lady at Comcast says let our Tech Dept. take a look, they did it was not working right....They were going to come out to find and fix my cable.....

I walked outside and lo and behold there was a squirrel chewing on my cable line at the house....That little sucker had chewed a hole in my cable !!!!!! Went to the garage got my trusty cable tools, cut line back, put on a new end, come back in the house, unplugged my modem and in 10 minutes plugged it back in.....I got Cable!!!!!

After I got every thing all hooked up and running I decided I needed a break, made me a fresh cup coffee go out on my patio just to sit and relax....There in my back yard sat "Rocky" eating a loquat from my tree....I ease back into the house and get my plastic pellet pistol, ease back outside, take aim at "Rocky" pull the trigger....

I had no idea that plastic pellet gun could shoot that straight and hit that hard....Just as I pulled the trigger "Rocky" turned around....:shock:.... That pellet hits him right square in the butt !!!!!! "Rocky" then tries to break several records.....First he tried to break the high jump and the long jump at the same time...."Rocky" hits the fence wide open and misses..By now I'm re loaded...."Rocky" has made it up on the top of the wood fence....He is now about to try to break the land speed record, but not before I give "Rocky" one more shot to his fuzzy rear end.....NOW "Rocky" hits the end of my fence, hell bent for Georgia.....One more record he is going to try to beat is the "Flying Nun" and up up and away to the neighbors tree.......but he doesn't make it.....I hear dogs barking and lots of noise.....I don't think "Rocky" will be back......

Claude.....

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

This time it's even better than in the pm you sent me about it. I still think it was re-setting the modem that did it though. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

And the Red Baron takes another one down HEHE

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Hmm, I tried one of those plastic pellet guns and the damn pellets get a helluva hook or a slice.. They cant fly straight for sh!t.

Stinkin squirrels around her just laugh and keep on digging away.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Try reloading some 12 ga. shells with plastic BB's. That oughta fly a little straighter.:shock: And it should wipe the little grin off of the squirrels faces.:cooldevil:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Pardon me for raining a little reality on your funny squirrel parade, but how was Skype working if your Internet was down?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Even Comcast had no answer other than to say something about signal strength..I don't know....

Claude...

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Claude, THAT is funny!

And J, I'm thinking there are very few around here who don't have Baggy's cell number these days. ;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Like I told Claude, I think it was his re-setting the cable modem that cleared up his access problem. Both computers in the house couldn't get on the net because mainly of DNS issues. And I think those issues were in the modem as I was able to remote into Claude's computer by IP address. I was also able to use FireFox and IE through the remote to get on the internet by using IP addresses for websites instead of DNS names.

The thing with the squirrel and the cable was just a fluke.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Like I told Claude, I think it was his re-setting the cable modem that cleared up his access problem. Both computers in the house couldn't get on the net because mainly of DNS issues. And I think those issues were in the modem as I was able to remote into Claude's computer by IP address. I was also able to use FireFox and IE through the remote to get on the internet by using IP addresses for websites instead of DNS names.

The thing with the squirrel and the cable was just a fluke.
Now that makes more sense. :)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

Nah, it was the squirrel :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote: