Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just ordered a tall shield for my 1800,taking a trip to florida this fall 1500 miles 1 way.Went last year and the wind buffeting was terrible,I hope this helps.Anyone out there have one on their bike and does it help the buffeting?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

i have the tall shield love it on sunny days. hard to see over in the rain tho.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

I have a Tulsa Tall also...its height is above my head.....and so far I like it. I have ridden in the rain three timesnow,and the rain only lasted aboutan hour each time. It was somewhat difficult to see thru it while raining, I just slowed down and took it easy.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I have the tall Tulsa also. I bought it used so it has some scratches, but if/when I replace it, I'll get the same thing, just a clear instead of the slightly tinted one. My wife definitely likes it better.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

tarrider wrote:
i have the tall shield love it on sunny days. hard to see over in the rain tho.
Code:
Try some Pledge brand furniture polish on it. It should help.

Just don't use Rain-x. It will ruin the shield.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
imported post

I have the Tulsa +4 and its great. It keeps the Boss happy on the back and thats what counts. If you have problems with rain HD sells a similar product like Rain-x for polycarbonate/lexan windshields that works just fine.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Come on jbb303,you made me have to get up and go get my glasses,:X:X

type a little larger please....:action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

BIGMICK I UNDERSTAND 100 PERCENT ABOUT KEEPING THE BOSS HAPPY. LOL

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

I have 3 windshields for my 1500. The passenger likes the tall 1 the best. It does reduce buffeting and lowers noise,BUT, I can't see over it, and if it's a warm day I really get cooked cuz I get no air. On cold days it's great unless it fogs over then it's a real hassle.Rain is a mixed bag.
The short vented shield is the best on nice days, but on the interstate I feel a lot better with soft earplugs,and turn up the sounds & the intercom.

The windbender has been very disappointing so far and I'm going to try modifying it, heck it works better if I install the clear shield upside down.:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:

Well you needed the exercise :D

I don't know why it did that? It just weirded out on me??

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,880 Posts
imported post

I have a vented Tulsa extra tall. I like "almost" everything about it. I does certainly cut down on buffeting.Wife loves it. Definately need a vent though. The only problem I have found is with the reflection from the dash. When riding through tree lined twisties with sun and shadows from the trees the reflection caused me flashes of visual confusion. Kind of dangerous. So far any rain hasn't been a problem if you us some type of repellant.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

jbb303 wrote:
kyboy67 wrote:

Well you needed the exercise :D
Well I can not argue with that, I sure do................:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Have a tulsa tallscreen on mine, no buffeting & really quiet, keep it clean and the rain won't be a problem once you are doing 60 + , only problem I find is after dark with rain and on-comming lights, can be diffcult to see,all depends on how much nightime riding you do. On balance I like the tall screen

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
imported post

dingdong yes the vent is very nice hits me in the chest.great for cooling off.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Got the +4 from Cee Bailey and really like it. It is a pain in the rain, but the wife is happy with less wind buffeting.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

The 1500 Se I bought this summer came with a tall, vented windshield. Not sure what brand it is, but you can look at the picture. I used to wear earplugs but no longer feel they are necessary with this windshield. I do not like it when it is raining though, as it can be hard to see through and glary as others have stated. It does keep the rain off your face though.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

I have the vented Tulsa Tall. It works great. Just keep a good coat of Pledge on it. Do it weekly or more and the scratches and webs are closer to none existant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.