Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a tank bag and could not find anything on the internet. I checked the old forum but that is from 2014 and a bit confusing for a trainee like me. tank bag for 1500 (to borrow from another forum)
I checked the internet and the cheapest thing available on the internet is Viking Bags Survival bag for just $50
I know it is not a bag for the GL but it is mentioned as universal fitment so I wonder if there is any chance it can be installed on GL 1800? Just asking.
And please do not laugh, 😕

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,171 Posts
most tank bags have straps to hold them on.

you could use some Velcro strips applied in a place that isn't really noticable.

this product here is nearly invisible once it is on a surface.... depends on the base coat color of the bike of course.

I just bought a roll of it to hold some stuff in our car that keeps falling off the dash and console.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
I don't see any way for a tank bag to not be in the way of the fuel door and the radio controls.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,790 Posts
I don't see any way for a tank bag to not be in the way of the fuel door and the radio controls.
As well as restricting handlebar movement, especially on the 1500. No way to have full movement of the bars with a bag mounted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts