Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's an odd question. I've decided to do electrolysis on my rusted tank, mostly because I want to try it and see what happens. Here's the dilemma: my lovely wife of 19 years has successfully removed EVERY wire hanger in the house, except for one... The one that her wedding dress is on. So, do I risk eternity on the couch by taking it and replacing with a plastic one, or do I wait till tomorrow and go to the store to get some wire? Don't have anything suitable in the garage right now. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
If you don't have any safety wire or anything like that... wait til tomorrow.... its safer that way :)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
+1 What blackknytecnc
Said. I would wait.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Your wife obviously married you knowing full well of your interest in motorcycles. If she loves you, and I assumes that she does, then she would never get in the way of your love for the bike.

The Choice is therefore obvious... You should take her coat hanger with the confidence of knowing that she would hand it to you herself, if you had only asked her. Don't actually ask her though, as that would suggest mistrust in the relationship.

In the meanwhile you can stuff her wedding dress into the side trunk, for safe keeping, under the tool kit.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,357 Posts
Hey Alex, you trying to get him killed! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Be a man for once in your life. Use the coat hanger. And then use the wedding dress to clean up your wheels. If she gives you any lip, remind her that she was your second choice.
HERE!!! HERE!!!
Any squabbles, you can always remarry. I hear your Wing is available.
:ROFL:

In the meantime.
Everyone has an old tool that's ready for the trash.
A busted tip screw driver or ratchet extension.
Drift punches are really meaty.
;)

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are a whole lotta help. Thanks for the good laugh. I needed it. I am currently down one screw-driver...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
These guys are going to get you killed, even tho some ideas where very good!! I would (wait). Any type of metal will work ie rebar, old yard tools or any piece of metal that will fit in your tank with out touching the sides. Let us know how it turns out,and good luck. Hal

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
A piece of stainless steel works well too, do you really need all those forks and spoons in the kitchen?

·
Son of Bronson
127 Posts
When I did mine, I used a roll of that perforated iron strapping that they use
to hang plumbing pipes with. I bent it in a curve so it reached into the back
of the tank. I cut a couple of small wooden wedges to use to jam it into the filler
neck without touching the tank. The bigger piece of metal picked up more crap
faster. My tank ended up super clean!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.